Posts by ConcreteCharlie

Those are awesome. Have you considered...

M to Z Fabrication

Fender Flares - $79.99 for set of 4.
    Easy Install...Minimal Drilling...Made To Measure...
    State-of-the-Art Rubberine Plasticine Material never requires painting.
    Will not dent. Shrugs off rocks and other obstacles without losing its shape.

Free Delivery...errrr Pickup...and Tax Free!

Anyone had an issue with this code? Believe it is something like "Oil Pump pressure stuck on low". It pops up every once in a while on my 2012 JKU and sometimes clears itself, sometimes I clear it. For some reason, I am extremely lazy about doing anything much about it. Just wondering if anyone else has run across it or if I am in danger of making my engine catch fire on I-95.

The wheels are 17s, and I definitely lost some power with the 35 inch tires.

Aaron, who replied above (ASTAPE), did a great job with my install. Send him a personal message. It sounds like you are in the West Chester area so he is pretty close in North Wilmington.

Here's my 2012 JKU just so you can see what 35s would look like on yours. I have a 2.5 inch lift.

Those are Maxxis Bighorn MTRs and basic Procomp steel wheels.

You would probably want to get a heavier spare tire carrier if you go up to 35s. I have one made by Best Top that was reasonably cheap and very easy to install.

I think both the procal and flashcal let you set it to zero PSI, so technically the sensor is still on but you don't need anything transmitting from the tires. The Flashcal used to only let you take it down to 22 or so. You have to download the new app or program or function or whatever you call it for the procal.

My wife gets less freaked out now that she doesn't see (_) anymore. :innocent:

So, a while back I mentioned that in the "What have you done lately" thread that I had swapped out my tire valve stems and no longer had monitors in them. Someone mentioned that the AEV Procal computer could zero out the monitor system. I already had a Superchips Flashcal, so I wasn't too motivated to buy a new computer.

Anyway, long story short, you can now download an "Off Road" tire setting for the Flashcal for free. No more nasty little light on the dash.

So, as far as I know, there are two computer that do that...AEV Procal and Superchips Flashcal. The latter costs about $155.

You can call Wawa and complain.

Good luck. I once emailed WaWa to complain about their shitty hoagies and all I got was the equivalent of "Sorry you mistakenly feel the way you do." So, I began a one-man boycott which is obviously killing them. Note how they are so desperately opening all these gleaming new stores in a transparent attempt to stave off their inevitable bankruptcy.

I think Tonka is right. I believe you'd have to machine your brakes down to size.

That's what I was told when I asked about them when buying my MTRs. That would be far beyond my ken, so I went with 17s.

I swapped out my metal valve stems for flexible rubber/plastic ones. Was not fun snapping one of those metal ones off up at RC last week.

Downside: The reason those metal ones were on there is because of the lousy Tire Pressure Monitoring System. Couldn't integrate old monitors into new stems, so now the little (_) light is going to be lit all the time. Anyone know if there is a way to completely disable that? My Flashcal computer can only adjust the pressure level...doesn't seem to be able to turn the whole system off.

This bike mount holds three bikes and works great on stock-size spare tires. It is a little too snug on 12.5" MTRs, though.

This comes complete with an Aluminum Wheel Scratch Undoing Mechanism (AWSUM) [size=0.7em]Patent-pending[/size] (that's what looks suspiciously like a towel secured with psychedelic duct-tape). I had seen in reviews that these could scratch the spare, so I came up with this high-tech answer - never had an issue.

$40

If those wheels and tires look sharp, you can still get them, here!

I asked about this back in April. I think my tires are technically out-of-spec, but I was able to get it inspected successfully a couple of months ago. Here is the thread. It sounds like your set-up is much more extreme than mine (2.5 inch lift, 35's), but you can check out the photo's as an example of what may pass.

Question, why would you register in PA if you have a DE address? Why not save yourself some sales tax?

Can't do a proper trail report because I never know where I am out there.

However, wanted to thank Jeff, Jay, and Bob (jeffsjk, slowpoke, and Hookedonthebay) for the help out there when I broke a valve stem and had a tire rapidly deflating. A stopgap was made with that wonder-product, Ducttape. After we determined that we couldn't safely lift the jeep on the trail, Bob followed me out on the tire with 7 lbs of air held back by the mighty tape.

Many thanks for cutting an afternoon short to help out, Bob. Also for saving me from a high-lift rearrangement of my jaw. Finally, I must admit that Bob warned me about those valve stems last trip out...and he never seemed tempted to even think, "I told you so"!