Posts by shorebird

I'm sure Stafford will have a report and a bunch of pics and vids, but It was a fun ride and yes slippery! Anthracite has come a long way since I was there a year and a half ago. The trail map will take some time getting used to, but it does a good job of getting riders back to the trail head. It's hard to see what the trails are like in the snow, I'm sure we can figure it out after a few more rides. Not there was problem one, but I forgot about sharing a park with Quads and Bikes (Paragon RIP). I got home fine, although I mowed a deer down about 1/2 mile from home. It was a direct hit broadside on the front bumper, then under the Jeep. No apparent damage, I'll give her a better look after a trip to the car wash. The guy in the car coming the other way stopped and was looking at the deer and then the YJ, kinda in awe. It probably would have totaled his car.

btw. Crystal. I'm sure you realize I still have your radio. I don't know how soon you'll need it so pm me and will work out a drop.

1) Stafford
    2) Daddandelena
    3) JKGray10- maybe
    4) astape
    5) ForMud
    6) Keith.eric (tentative)
    7) 92 Renegade
    8) JkRanger08
    9) Stomper (not sure on Jeep yet).
    10) Erock (90%) if I go, def camping
    11) jkjeeper (definite maybe)
    12) skeets682 (Nancy riding shotgun)
    13) JKSteve
    14) fzmax
    15) jkjeeper
    16) Jeep41
    17) JGillRN96
    18) Freckles (+1 passenger)
    19) Shorebird

I was going over my YJ with the possibility of going to Anthracite and found a crack in the driver side engine mount. The mounts have a 1" lift, but I don't remember what brand they are. They have the hard poly bushing which doesn't flex much. Any suggestions on replacements?

It was a beautiful day!! Our planned late start worked out for the best. When I arrived the line for registration was the longest I've ever seen, but by the time we all got there it was down to a more reasonable length. Our group was me, daddanelena, and slowpoke. All three Jeeps are pretty comparable and driver experience is about the same, so the trail choice was easy. Even we got a late start we were able to cover a lot of ground. Here's a trail list. New trail to C, Walk in the Park, CV trail, crossed paths with Aaron and Dee, 4, 8, bypass to West Property, 10a, Rock Creek crossing to 13, chatted with Aaron and Dee as they entered Otters, the 12's, 20, back to East Property, Three Hills to C, out the new C trail and back to the reg area.

I got the job done and I'm ready to ride if everyone that's left can make it. I can't make it any other dates this month and my frequent rider pass runs out on the 20th. I'll be watching the forum, please post up if you all can make it. Aaron or Dee. if Jay and Wayne can't make it maybe I can grab a right seat and use my pass. Just plan B!

I really wanted to make this ride, but I ran into a problem with a watermaker on a boat leaving for points south on Sunday and the part won't ship overnight from California till around noon today. I'm gonna do my best to get it done Friday, but If not I'm gonna have to work Sat. I'll post up either way on Friday night. :(

Recently I've not been able to copy and paste as I did in the past on our site. What am I doing wrong, it always worked before when I highlighted the stuff I wanted to copy, then right clicked to "copy" moved to my reply and right clicked to "paste". It seemed to coincide with a new internet supplier and I just now noticed that my spell check is back, which has been gone for months. OK, bring on the "old man" abuse ;D

I checked out the YJ today, post Big Dogs, and I'm pretty sure she'll be up for the ride, however since we only have 3 jeeps at this point lets make sure we're all gonna be there. I for one don't want to drive up there and be by myself and I'm sure you all feel the same. The weather doesn't look too bad so let's get some more Jeeps!!