Posts by ruquik

who ever was making them for $20 must of had time and scrap on their hands. Thats a good deal. The trip to billy warrens for stainless wouldn't be worth it for our shop to make and make money. Very cool project, though.

Thats George, he used to be the manager at Autozone in Milford. I think he still has some new 44" ground Hwgs from his blazer project.

On the 2nd papeof theier descusion they make valid points about being "non-club" oriented on this one to keep the BMJA or in this case DeJA's name clean. I used to be one of those people that would just go out and tear stuff up but have sorta seen the light enough to no that this might be a dissaster waiting to happen. Lots and Lots of thins to consider on this one.

Our shop has it all, TIG/Stick, Mig, Aluminum Spool gun, Welder generator. Its all BLUE, you Lincoln guys know whoo i'm talkin too. For the rest of you we use Miller exclusivesly, though every single one of us learned on the "Red buzz box", I think we have like 3 sitting in storage. I can see if Travis wants to sell one of his, i'm keeping mine) I bought a 110v stick at Tractor supply and it has never been out of the box, A neighborhad a yard sale and was seller their fathers Buzz Box w/ 50 leads for $50 so I bought it

With a MIG, spend the money on the gas, it makes the welds so much cleaner, with that said though you have to have the part super clean. ARC is a little bit more forgiving.

They quickest way I know to tell whether you are getting enough penatration is to butt weld two peices or 1/4 plate. You can look at the back side and after it cool you can stick one end in a vice an give it the old hammer test, though when i was just learning, I would put a cheater bar on the end and bend it.

I think Del-tech G-town still has wleding classes

I have a 93 Dodge 350 dually 4x4 w/ the cummins. I don't thinki could ever sell it. My stupid friend the other daybured his truck to the freme in stickey stuck two feet 10 off the clay road. Of course he accidenty locked the keys in with the truck in 4 low and in park. I pulled him right out and dragged him down the road (probably not good for his ramcharge but cheap the a tow. Rember a craftsman #2 phillips does notmake a good reciever hitch pin. LOL.

Its actually better, in my opinion, to get 4x4 on a solid axle truck, especially one with kings pins. There is vertually no matainence, and very few moving parts (with leaves that is).

If i lived in PA i would have second though about the beloved diesel. It sucked driving 5 miles in the wrong dirrection with a trailer, with the needle on E to to Bath, PA just to buy Diesel. PA is the worst about selling diesel, and with all the mountains you would assume them to have them, but every 250/2500 we saw was V-10, which is what i would get if i lived in PA

At least the guy with the s10 completed the busted up look by putting it into the trees pulling the tow truck.
    I couldn't tell if it was just the strap that hit the truck or if it had something on the end. This it the reason for d-rings and 10k strap

When trailering its all about CGVW (Combined gross vehicle weight). My truck is rated at 10,100 GVW, but most guys who use the same Cummins Dodges for commercial towing pull 24-29,00 pounds CGVW. A half ton pick-up "could tow it" but I would find at least a 3/4 ton. I'm sure Alan or Tony will chime in. And if you do get a diesel, don't get a 6.2 or 6.5 gm/chevy, the trans might last for ever but thats because the don't have enough power to hurt them.