Posts by omegatheway

Ive had my yj broken into 5 times in the last 3 years, each time stealing my radio during daylight hours in my driveway. The last time they got my radio they pulled on my dash twisting the radio out of its little hole screwing the whole dash pannle up. The finaly time they came back I was able to get two shots off into the air with my 45-70... I haven't had any problems since haha

My xj is starting to annoye me and wondering if any one has some of the same issues. When its cold and only when the engine is cold and the out side temp is below 40 deg i can turn the key cranks and fires and stalls... if I hold my foot on the gas alittle and start it it fires up alittle rich and runs just doesn't idle on its own. If I floor it and let off it idles fine. After it idles it drives fine and once warm it starts and idles fine all day long. thanks Mike

I got a 2 1/4 inch shackles ;D but they don't make them anymore. but anytime you do that you get aalot more bump stear and wonder. Shackle lifts are used with a lift kit not as one.

no if you put a resistor in it you will only be setting you self at one throtle setting.. just get a tps and you will be happy. Its best to buy two at a time so you have a spare in the woods. once you get water in them they are done, and thats very easy to do.

I have a 99, it did the same thing though if you bang on the master switch (driver side switch) it sometimes work. The problem is with the window lock button and the factory new about it... if you search on the net you can find how to repair the window lock problem.... but its beter to get a new switch. Mike

change the fluid in the trans and the check you lower and upper control arm mount at the fram could be sand in the joint/ worn joint/ loose joint...use the correct fluid for that trans!

no the tj top is totaly diffrent, the rims are the same between the yj and tj and the tj doors will fit but you need to make some mods to the latches...to fit 31's on the yj you need to do alittle lifting

[quote
    Yeah that's all fine and dandy, and I stop on the side of the road every Jeep I see and most other vehicles too. But a Jeep with DEJA stickers all over goes back there whether it is to help or not is perceived to be wheeling illegally. Perception is everything. I and most other people here don't want to taint the name of this good club.
    [/quote]

yeah and thats still not helpping... I carry Jd stickers on my jeep.. I don't want anyone to think that I'm an unrulely off-roader... so that why I go out of my way to help... perception is in the eye of the beholder.. but I guess thats still be Blatant Disregard Offroad.....

ok, so did he get out??!!! :shrug:

yeah I just got home and he is now out.... and yeah it may or maynot be a leagal to be there or not, but someone needed help, and it happen to be a fellow jeeper....... isn't that what the whole jeep thing is about to stick together and to help each other in the time of need?!?! or has the rest of the snooty world finaly came down on top of the jeep and now no one cares.... hell when I see a jeep on the side of the road broke, I stop and see if I can help.... I hope this actualy makes some people realize how wrong they are to turn there back... he made a bad decition.. we have alll made bad decitions I know I have..... mike