Posts by omegatheway

Well I know you only have a 4 banger, but if you need a new engine I have a 4.0 sitting.. it could need some freashing up and a head... but if you can put it to use you can have it... Mike

yeah thats where I have been wheeling is in the Pine Barrens... it seems to be acting alittle better now, but I don't want to trust it and then have it go... has anyone figured a way to block the water or is the alternators on these truck durable enough to handle getting dunked in the water and mud? Mike

I'm just wondering what some people have done or if they have had any issues about there alternator going alittle funky or lossing it after wheeling? Mine is muddy as hell and now the regulator is acting alittle funky, it has been bounceing between 12 and 14 volts....... Mike

first of all don't ground anything to the battery.. its really not a ground... and keep the ground leads to a max of 10 inch's.... then you can also use the doubble insulated coax that should help too... Mike

yeah that is true.. I could... but my problem is I don't have a welder, but I do have the whole rocker panel... I was trying to save it, by coated it with 520 epoxy paint then used the bed liner over it.. but its still rusting all the way down the rocker, and I have already patched some holes up.. it looks like before I had the truck it was hit on that side and they did a crapy job on fixing it.. thus the rusting... thanks though Mike

:help: Any body have any Experience in replaceing a rocker panel on a yj?! or anybody that can replace the rocker panel on my yj? affordably?!?! My driver side has started to make some holes within itself, and 520 epoxy hasn't stoped it either
    I can get the panel, just need someone that knows what there doing... :shrug: Mike

alright, well I just put 31-11.50-15 super swampers on it, and for now I am going to stick with these.. it looks like from the chart that if I go with 4.56 I'm going to be around 3200... and what would be great, cause the wind and hills slows me down... it needs alittle more umph on the highway.... those charts are great, thanks jeepgnome Mike

alright since I put some new tires on my jeep I now need to do some
    gears soon....so I am wondering on what everyones thoughts are on it...

I have an 94 Yj with a 4 banger auto to a 3.93 gears now with 31 swampers... so do
    you think I sould go for the 4.56's or 4.11's?? My ideal would to have the engine running around 3500 at 65-70mph....Mike

:spinrhead: Hey Guys, just wanted to add that I also heard about the coal mine opening up to the public, and it is on all the forums up here (wallingford Pa.) I do know that the Nj boys want to get some permits and police the grounds and try to lean it up for everyone.. they are all scared of it being closed... Mike