Posts by flounder

I actually had this happen to me at killens pond 2 years ago.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

this has been rescheduled

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fisherman’s Flea Market
    Rescheduled to Sat. March 13th, 8am-2pm. New Location: Laurel Fire Dept.,
    205 W. 10th St., Laurel, DE.
    $3 Admission. For details call, 302-337-7131 or 302-245-4305.
    Buyers & sellers welcome

I Had the same thing happen to me a couple of years ago . started out with a little vibration that only I could feel then noticed the rear view mirror images getting blurry (vibration) I also checked what you have (ok) finally took it to a shop and found that the drive shaft u-joints were going bad , Good luck Jay

cool I,ll hit the navy crossing . last time there was the end of july sand felt a little soft but the access road is awsome. few years ago I felt the access road was worse than the beach

Anyone fishing the cape this weekend prob head to the point wont be in the jeepthis time bringing the grandsons I'll be in a silver 02 f150 still would like to meet anyone from deja

thanks

Went down to Lewes (navy crossing) this weekend. Took the truck not the jeep (pulled the camper to holly lake) I air'd down to 20 psi tires are (285's wht 17 " rims ) made it thru but did feel it dig in a little, by the way the access road was great . last time I was there the access road was almost as bad as the beach

Ditto on looking for a tj something stock you can just get in and go then think about doing mods.Right now my yj is in another stage of repair but when it's done I'd take you & your family to the beach .Let you take it for a spin on the sand & get a feel for driveing on the beach . Jeep wont be done for a few weeks mabey someone here can offer takeing youguys out and feel what a jeep can do sooner

Sorry it took so long to reply ,vacation ,work and the wife had knee surgery didnt have time to spend on the jeep.
    But good news finished the carb install today turned the key and she fired right up idle was low needed to adjust slightly. Drove it around town seems to be working fine

thanks for the info

Just removed the hard top from 87 yj going to put on a bikini top. my question is since i have to put on a windshield retainerfor the bikinitop will my hard top fit on right in the fall with the retainer on or will i have to remove the retainer.

thanks

I have 87 yj that had the same problem. The valve cover is plastic and the way its bolted down
    or should I say held down is by washers that catch the lip of the valve cover. What I did To fix the problem I bought a good gasket sealant (lock tite 515) put it on both sides of the gasket then put the valve cover on and secured it with bolts and washers then put a cinder block on the valve cover and let it sit a couple of days to let the sealant cure. thats been over a year ago no problems since

Thanx for the replies . I ended up having to work over the weekend didnt get to make the change. I did get to check the gas pressure of the fuel pump 4.5 psi. . So I ordered a after market regulator from advanced auto.thanks again :wavey:

How about Local Boys Automotive in laurel .I'ts mostly used jeep parts some new . Might be able to give gift cert. guys name is Joe (302 877 0441) Jerry (302 628 8648)web sit is the name of the company