Posts by YJ_Will

Well I have found the rusty spot on my Jeep. I thought my Jeep was fairly free of rust for as old and beat as it is but I noticed an bubble on the frame and poked it. My finger went through on the bubble I saw and the other side as well as the bottom. I guess I’ll be down and out for a month or two for trail rides. In the typical fashion with my Jeep every bolt it tried to take out either stripped out or snapped off as I attempted to pull the bumper and gas tank.

I thought I was doing good after I fixed a bunch of wiring from the previous owner during my last jeep project. About the only thing I can say is it will be better than when I started. That seems to happen with every repair I do. I guess I’m fixing it up for the next owner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I noticed yesterday I bent my tailgate Saturday from not paying attention. I backed into a tree and pushed the spare tire and rack forward bending the tail gate. I don't really care about the fact the tail gate is bent except the spare tire mount on the bumper was braced and attached to the factory tire mount with a pin. I was able to get the pin out with some difficultly but i can't get it back in.

Anyone selling a straight YJ tailgate?

I did order a new CB antenna mount so I can be in the loop for the next ride I go on.

1. Slowpoke
    2. Buster Stewart
    3. Down Hill Roller
    4. willf650(maybe)

I'm a maybe. As long as the forecast holds out I'm in. I haven't put the top back on my jeep and as long as it's not supposed to rain I'll come. As it sits now its supposed to rain Sunday and only 20% on Saturday. If the forecast doesn't change for the worst I'm coming. I will give an absolute yeah or neigh as we get closer. Sorry for being one of those guys that doesn't commit as I hate them myself.

Trying to talk my girlfriend into coming but considering the fact I would like to leave around 5:00 am I don't see it happening.

Well it’s a month later and no one has removed any of their trailers aside from my car trailer and not another peep from the HOA.

My girlfriends car broke down over the weekend and I had to make a 5am run to go retrieve my car trailer from where I’m storing it. Come spring if nothing else is said I’m bringing the car trailer back home.

I can’t afford to buy out my neighbors. 3 million might get my culdisac. Can you loan me the money Andy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have moved my car trailer to a friends shop. If you read the fine print of the county code the car trailer is what can be classified as an oversized vehicle due to its length and width. Technically it isn't allowed to be in a residential neighborhood with the oversized vehicle clause. With it stored elsewhere I'm going to leave the smaller box trailer there and ride it out. I may bring the car trailer back depending on what some of the other people around the neighborhood do. The attempted enforcement of the deed restrictions will affect about 20% of the residents in the older section of the neighborhood and only about 3 in the newer section.

I believe I see the cause of the issue coming to a head. There is a guy in the newer section of the neighborhood on the main road with a boat parked in the grass next to his driveway. I actually question whether this boat is even on his property or is siting on the "open space" adjacent to his property.

My next home will be on a lot of two acres or more to get some slightly different zoning and won't be tied to a development. I only have 9/10 of an acre so it puts me with a more restrictive set of rules.

Has anyone ever had a run in with their HOA?
    How far did it go?

I got a letter in the mail saying they want all trailers and boats out of the neighborhood all of the sudden. I knew my neighborhood was deed restricted but saw the restrictions were never enforced as I drove the neighborhood before I purchased my house and looked at google earth. Both the tour and satellite images showed trailers and boats in neighborhood going back a decade.

I brought up the restrictions at an HOA meeting a couple years ago when I was contemplating selling or building a garage. I was testing the waters because there were a bunch of solar panels on houses and solar panels are specifically stated as not being allowed in the deed restrictions. I was given the answer that the HOA couldn't enforce deed restrictions that weren't illegal according to the county code. I suspect the reason for this answer was due to the fact someone on the board has solar panels.

I have two boats and a smaller box trailer and a car trailer. I keep the boats in my garage and keep the trailers parked in my drive way. I basically had my drive way parking area doubled when I had my garage built so nothing is parked in the yard and never was. They can't do anything about my boats because they in the garage nor do I think they will try because of the deed restrictions spelling out the requirements of garaging "illegal" vehicles.

If I'm interpreting the county code right as long as my trailers are on a hardened surface and have current tags I'm not in any violation of the county code. As far as I can tell there is nothing the HOA can do to me but literally sue me somehow in a civil suit. They can't put a lien on my house because I'm up to date on my dues. There are no county codes broken so I can't have the county code enforcement used against me. There is nothing mentioned in the deed restrictions about being fined so I'm wondering where this is going to go.

I emailed them and mentioned the fact they are doing selective enforcement and cited the codes pertaining to parking vehicles and have never heard a response. I also mentioned the stuff that's in the deed restrictions and also against county code currently around the neighborhood and the fact they never brought them up. I don't know whether I poked the sleeping bear or they got scared and backed down.

Anyone dealt with a similar situation?

I honestly don’t know exactly where it is leaking. I need to pull it out and pressurize it and hit it with some soap to pin point it. I believe it’s leaking where one of the tubes connects to header.

It doesn’t leak when it’s cold nor when it’s hot. Only while it’s heating up.

I was hoping if it’s leaking where I believe it is I could cut some of the fins out and basically use some type of brazing rod to fill the leaking tube to header connection.

I have a set of rims and tires that are 5 x 5.5 but the tires are the 33 x 11.5 wide I believe. The rims are off a of a ford bronco so I think they are 7.5" wide with more back spacing then a typical aftermarket rim. I know they suck in my jeeps width by like 4" a side compared to my 35 x 12.5 tires with 10" rims.

Your welcome to try them if you wish or at least see if they will suck your width in the 1" you need.

I've got an Flexalite radiator in my jeep that has started to have a small leak. I priced a new radiator and it was pretty expensive.

Has anyone ever used any of those low temperature aluminum brazing rods to fix a radiator?

What brand did you wind up using?

I finally got around to replacing/rewiring the thermostat on my electric fan. I overheated the jeep last weekend because I forgot to turn the manual switch on.

Who ever owned my jeep in the past was horrible at wiring. I pulled new wires all the way from the cab to the radiator because the existing ones were spliced in several spots and changed color from one end to the other.

While screwing with the wiring I found out why the cb power wire was dead and found a parasitic drain due to a relay wired wrong(always on).

I have a 30" black fridge with a top freezer and ice maker. It's a Frigidaire brand and was working fine but we replaced it with a 33" fridge. It was in my house when I bought the house but is not original from when the house was built. I would assume its about 6 years old. It has no dent or scratches. Price is a case of Stella.

In addition to the awesome trophy, I think we'll give away another RTIC 30 cooler to a randomly selected member in attendance. I think all DEJA giveaways will be RTIC 30 coolers from this point forward until I win one. :)

I bought a soft rtic 20 over the winter and it is now my favorite cooler. They are a sweet cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fish in at least 3 of the places listed. Looks like another fee for me. I was actually fishing in a half acre pond on a wildlife area this morning but I don't see that wild life area on their list but I bet it was probably an oversight.

I just looked and they state a hunting licence gives you one of these access passes for a vehicle. A hunting license is cheaper than the access pass.

Edit. Just found out the access pass will be cheaper. The price of hunting licenses are going up July 1st.

Just got done putting a cat back exhaust on my jeep. It's the old man coming out in me but the new exhaust had nothing to do with looks or power. My jeep had a glass pack muffler on it when I bought it and I put the new exhaust on to quiet it down. I was getting tired of sounding like a tractor. The new exhaust is quieter but not as quiet as I hoped. I opted for the exhaust that came with a chrome tip which was a "Dynomax" kit. It has a performance muffler which is quieter and better sounding than the glass pack but louder than if I would have bought a stock kit,

In hindsight the chrome tip doesn't matter as I can see redoing this exhaust. The existing tail pipe exited out the side behind the rear wheel. The new exhaust tip is now the lowest protrusion out the back. I see it getting smashed any way,