Posts by Hardkor

I had never seen a timbren setup. Had to Google it. Very nice indeed and I was surprised it isn't more expensive than it is. Very feasible for a build project. Etrailer.com has some good prices.

I read a couple people saying they have had bad experiences in the past. Other then being crowed during the time you went what are these bad experiences that make you favor new rules being enforced?

My bad experience involved an intoxicated and belligerent group with a blatant disregard to ANY of the current rules at that time. Had one of my friends that was there with us not been a state trooper, it may have gotten a lot worse. That was the last and the worst incident. Other than that it is general annoyances. IE. disrespectful people, loud music, over crowding your space(parking so close they hit your vehicle every time they open their door), swimming around your lines etc...
    I do not have an issue with alcohol on the beach, just the people who drink too much. If partying on the beach has become a major concern for DNREC, then ban the alcohol, problem solved. If overcrowding is a major concern then employ a system to regulate the number of vehicles on the beach at one time. If it is getting discussed as Bob says it is then there must be quite a few complaints and a push for changes.
    Everyone needs to remember the SOLE purpose of the Surf Fishing Permit is access to a designated surf fishing area to be actively engaged in surf fishing at ALL times. If that is not in your intention, simply don't buy the tag. There are other areas of the beach or other beaches all together that you can visit. A couple do not require any permit, active fishing, gear etc...

This ^ I avoid peak hours during the summer so that I don't have to deal with the BS. (Had some bad experiences in the past)

No alcohol, a reservation system and enforcing current rules would solve a lot of the issues.

I do feel for the Rangers as they are spread thin and overwhelmed.

True. Carrier breaks at 3.55/3.73. Meaning 3.73 and numerically higher gears use a different carrier than 3.55 and numerically lower gear sets.

Late 2014. I had been browsing other Cherokee forums and was having a difficult time connecting with local people so I googled DE Jeep clubs and this one popped up. Browsed for a while and decided to join thinking someone here could offer some advice or direction on mods for the Jeep. I figured a wealth of knowledge is better to learn from than hard earned lessons.

XJ here too... I (we) made that drive to and from Texas/Delaware twice. First time took 28 hours 2nd took 32 hours. Only stopped for an hour in the 2nd trip and didn't stop at all on the first. That was to and from Houston. GL and be safe. Welcome and be sure to join us at an outing.