Posts by Quantum73

I was a little concerned about this statement: "Some passages on the Rubicon Trail are quite constrained and even require outside mirrors to be folded in for proper clearance."

So someone might ding a mirror or scratch the paint on their Hummer if they weren't careful??? Forget that dang Rubicon Trail! :)

The BFG MT's are great, I just always wondered about them on a DD.

MT's do as well as MTR's as DD tires. Have to keep them inflated exactly right, rotate them often ~3,000 miles, and they will give you at least 30k miles. A little slick in the rain and ice however, but the sliding is predictable and recoverable. Had them on my old Tacoma. :)

The compound in the Bighorn's seems real soft so I will be very interested to hear how they hold up in terms of useful mileage...

Some people around here have quite a bit of money into their Jeeps. What do you do for insurance coverage? If I somehow total my Jeep I would like to recover at least some of the "extras" I have into it in the event that nothing was salvagable i.e. accident + vehicle fire. Just wanted to see how others handled this... Thx! :)

I was looking at the MTZ's specifically for their ice/snow performance. Not sure offroad 1st hand but over on ROF there are MANY people saying good things about them offroad.

With my setup I am able to easily run the more difficult blues and a couple blacks at Paragon. Only rubbed the fender once and did no damage. The driver is definitely the limiting factor in my Jeep right now... ;D

http://www.tirechain.com/VBAR.htm

For my trips and playing in Upstate NY during the winter... I will be buying a set of these for my 33x12.50's in the very near future. Particularly on ice you cannot beat them. And get the adjusters, you don't want them moving all over the place on the tire as they will wear out MUCH quicker.

I will soon have pics and video and will post the link as. I really liked that new trail that wasn't even on the map yet. The one with the hill climb and where our guide buried his Jeep. ;D

No problem Iz, was great to meet you and your Dad. 1st trip to Paragon but I expected the L2 ride to be a bit more tame. However, the challenge was a pleasant surprise! I won't tell anyone about the wheel issue... ::)

And guys, the pictures don't do it justice. That CJ is teh hotness... ;D

Has anyone stayed at the Paragon campground, the one in the park? Just looking for some feedback as I may be going up there sometime in the near future and figure for $5 a night how could you go wrong...

I just wanted to say that I had Tony (Da Mutts Offroad) install my lift(s) and tires and he did a great job at a VERY reasonable price. :driving: And I can't forget thank TheMistaken as he was the other half of the team doing the work. I am always apprehensive about letting others work on my rigs but I had neither the time nor the tools to get the job done. Most of you have probably known these guys for years, but I didn't. But I figured that they knew what they were doing based on the content on these boards so I gave it a shot. I also got my parts through Tony and I hope everyone in this club will give him an opportunity to price things out for you. All I can say is that the Jeep rides great, looks great, and if I were to have a problem I know that these guys would be there to help me out. Let's try to keep our business as local and support Da Mutts Offroad... :tup:

I just wanted to say that I had Tony (Da Mutts Offroad) install my lift(s) and tires and he did a great job at a VERY reasonable price. And I can't forget thank TheMistaken as he was the other half of the team doing the work. I am always apprehensive about letting others work on my rigs but I had neither the time nor the tools to get the job done. Most of you have probably known these guys for years, but I didn't. But I figured that they knew what they were doing based on the content on these boards so I gave it a shot. I also got my parts through Tony and I hope everyone in this club will give him an opportunity to price things out for you. All I can say is that the Jeep rides great, looks great, and if I were to have a problem I know that these guys would be there to help me out. :up: Let's try to keep our business as local and support Da Mutts Offroad...