Posts by Quantum73

Ok, I couldn't find the answer but it probably just means I didn't look hard enough. ;D Will my Rubi take D44 differential covers or D35's? Looking to place an order with Northridge today... Thanks in advance!

All good intentions on my part aside, this rig will probably only ever see sand, snow, and Upstate NY easy trail runs. Nothing real tight to chew things up... I am considering going to the MT Classic II wheels though. Not sure if I like the fake beadlocks or not, I can definately see how they could get abused pretty quickly.

Any thoughts on if this is the best deal for my '06 Rubi? Seems pretty good to me...

Mickey Thompson Classic Lock Wheel with 5-4 1/2" Bolt Pattern in 15x10 Size & 3 5/8" Backspacing (5) @ $162.99ea
    JKS 1" Budget Motor Mount Lift (1) @ $49.99ea
    JKS 1.25" Body Lift (1) @ $119.99ea
    Rubicon Express 2" Coil Spacer Lift w/Shocks (1) @ $233.99ea
    Shipping $34.99

Any input is greatly appreciated.

-B

Do a search from http://www.ebaymotors.com for wranglers. That should turn up as one of the listings if it is legit... Just be careful not to click on any of the supplied links and stick to the main site. But is does seem too cheap for what it is regardless...

UPDATE: I did not see that Jeep listed anywhere from Ebay's site. Pass on the deal and find something from one of the folks on DEJA selling...

Be VERY careful! That is a BS site IMHO. This part makes it fishy is the "itemz6848xlhz005private6315rdz1cmd.odapi.com". And if it is a BS site then you are using a BS escrow page that the creator directed you towards. Once you transfer that money I'll bet it is gone for good... A knowledgable person could whip up those sites in a couple hours max... I got the "phishing" alert as well. Sorry if I am wrong because I am no ebay expert but I say don't do it, it is too good to be true.

-B

We can be part of the problem or part of the solution, but there won't be any middle ground if the rangers decide everyone out there is part of the problem either because they:

A) Are on the beach without tags or
    B) Are not helping protect the beaches and reporting people who do not adhere to the VERY clear rules

If we don't police ourselves rest assured someone else will and it certainly won't be to anyone's liking...

Ok, start the flames but I fail to see where anyone boasts about wheeling at the canal. In fact, it is portrayed in a very negative light particularly in regards to the fines and support for the tread lightly concept. Please raise your hand if you didn't know people wheeled at the canal. Ok, no hands were raised, it would appear to be common knowledge... So why beat the topic of illegal wheeling and Slick to death? Seems a little uppity to me and that is certainly not the attitude that should be broadcast to newbies to the club, myself included.

Just my 2 cents...

I have the 2-piece doors on my 06 Rubi and they are pretty handy. Once you get them adjusted they seal quite well. Like was said, just a steel handle on the inside but they are easy to split and stow away when you want to go doorless. And they are noisier that the steelies but if you have a soft top on then you will hardly notice the difference.

-B