Posts by ironhide06

Done the lift!!! While I was under her, I decided to replace my rusty hard brake lines. I still need to get shocks. I am going to take some shock measurements when I get the time. Didn't get a chance to bleed the new brake lines yet, the rain yesterday stopped that.

If you don't have access to a ramp or forklift you will have to estimate.

This pretty much lays it out. 2nd part:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That is exactly what I was asking. Thank you sir. I appreciate that.

So, I finished the lift on my YJ, and I measured 27 inches between my top shock perch and my axle shock perch. What length shock do I need for the front of the jeep? Extended length? Compressed length?

So, I am planning to give it a go this weekend. I have the leaf springs already. Here is my list so far.
    1) Drop pitman arrives Friday (Quadratec)
    2) Sway bar disconnects arrive Friday (Quadratec)
    3) Extended front and rear braided brake lines.
    4) New Dana 30 U-bolts
    5) Pitman puller tool
    6) PB blaster
    7) Torch (picking up tomorrow)
    8) Angle grinder.
    9) Shocks........... Have not decided which ones I want. Already running about 2 inches of shackle lift, so I need some good shocks. TBD.
    10) Track bar relocator I plan to get to at some point.

What am I missing? Tools, supplies, etc. Is this something I can complete in one day. Anyone done this before?

So I am leaning toward these. I can't quite swallow paying $80 per shock right now for the Bilsteins, though I am sure they are well worth the money.

Will these do ? I already have a 1.25 shackle, and plan to add a 2 inch body lift. Thoughts?

What was the answer? Lol!!! I am not sure if I have an adjustable trac bar for the front or a drop bracket. I am not sure if I would be able to tell by looking (I am new to jeeping). Are these things I need?

So I got some 4 inch Rubicon express springs yesterday. I want to install the springs, but I have stock shocks. Any recommendations on shocks? Rough country looks good for the price. I can pick up rubicon express shocks for about $200. What do you all think based on your experience. Are shocks something I can get by with cheaper ones? I don't mind a rough ride. It's a 91 YJ. I would like to try and install the lift this weekend. I have brake lines, and a drop pitman. Also, do I need to relocate my rear shock mounts for this lift. Thanks everyone.

Picked up 4 inch rubicon express springs. Spruced them up a little. Installed windshield washer fluid reservoir. Sanded all the leads to my gauges, and added some dielectric grease. For the first time since I have owned this jeep,.......my fuel gauge works!!!!!!!!![emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]. Now to install the springs!!!!

So, here it is. My 1991 YJ starts up and drives fine when she is cold. When I drive her for an extended period of time (like 30 minutes), then shut her off, she won't start up again. I have to wait a few minutes, then she will start.
    Details:
    1) There is no cranking or any sound at all when I try to start her.
    2) My gauges are in the process of being replaced, but my engine is not overheating.
    3) If I make several short trips, she starts up fine. It seems to be heat sensitive.
    4) She has done this since I purchased her almost a year ago.

Based on the above, my google search has led me to look toward a bad camshaft sensor. Anyone have some wisdom to pass my way!!!! Thanks!!!