Posts by Subvet

Anyone have any experience with Full Traction lift kits? They have a 4" that is pretty competitively priced against the RE 3.5 super flex. The full traction is a little more but it comes with the front track bar.

Talk to Billy (Knoxrents), he runs Full traction with the tri-link.
    Does well off road and he tells me it does well on road too.

As far as shocks go....
    Dont skip on them if it is for your daily driver.
    Cant go wrong with Bilsteins, but they are top dollar.
    OME are good too

Trail report for RC on 01/26/08

We met up at RC about 8:30, Subvet, clendaniel, J-man, Atrock & friend, Zeke with cameraman knoxrents, with no sign of Yjrosco after waiting around for him, we left for the trails at 9:00.
    Was a nice day at RC, the snow covered ground contributed to a challenging and picturesque trail ride.
    We headed thru trail C onto trail 5 got about ½ on trail 5 when we suffered a slight setback - clendaniel decided to trash his transfer case – short stick was no longer functional so we pulled him off to the side.
    At this time yjrosco shows up and we continued to the hill climb portion of trail 5 on the way I altered my tierod slightly and yjrosco disappears then Zeke trashes his rear drive shaft.
    After removing the remains of his rear drive shaft we decided to head back to the staging area and do some repairs and grab a bite.
    The snow and ice made it interesting while I towed Ian back to the staging area.
    On the way back, Jman, not wanting to be left out, shears his rear driveshat in half.
    Meanwhile- We get Clendaniel loaded onto his trailer, Zeke onto the rollback, and Jman replaces his drive shaft – so back on the trails we go.
    We took a scenic ride in the snow to the south property to Lake Christy where we played on the various hill climbs and spun around on the frozen “lake” then Jman added to the excitement and made one of his LCA brackets into an accordion.
    That was a good time to move on so onto trail 21 we go. We came acoss a challenging portion somewhere in the new section of trail 21 where Jman made his tierod into an “n” shape.
    At this point, we called it day and headed back toward the staging area played around on some rock piles then packed it up for the day.

Other than the sling trail damage that incurred today, it was a great run overall.
    Well, most any day on the trail is a great day

I think that about covers it.
    If I missed anyone or anything…let me know.

clendaniel trashed transfer case being pulled off

Zeke’s trashed driveshaft

Jman’s sheared drive shaft

Jman’s tierod

More Pics to follow

Properly setting the bumpstops will help prevent that from happening.

You can tell from the pic above he needs more.

He does not have any problem with the front coils.
    It was the passenger Rear coil that dropped, and the rear shocks that blew out.
    He also has a short arm tri-link set up in the rear (no trackbar), this enables the rear axle to flex a bit more (probably limited by shock travel).
    Not uncommon for a similar tri-link in the rear that the rear coil can come out on a full flex if there is not a limiting strap and or retainers installed.

Deja Trail Ride 12/29 Trail report

Subvet, Naughty, Knoxrents, Atrock, Jman, Xjeepness were grouped to run blues & blacks

Randy(shorebird) & Wayne (daddanelana), andrew (red cherokee) when out with a group of Rubis from "LOST" on Green & Blues

Backfire, GSE Nick, Jeepcreep002 showed up at some point and were off in a group

DrJ, Jeepchick, Mrshaft696, superlifteddeef - we did not see

Our group was myself (subvet) with Vickie (Naughty) on the right seat, Billy (Knoxrents), Adam (Atrock) with brother?, Jason(Jman) + friends, John(Xjeepness).
    We started out at 9AM going thru the comp course, to trail 2 thru crawlers ridge where Jman’s spider gears munched on themselves and Adam’s airline failed on his front locker.
    We then went onto Trail 20 via the “hills?” trail. On trail 20 Billy decided to peel his rim apart and Jman finished off the rest of his spider gears and decide to head back to the staging area.
    We then went on to Trail 13 where Billy broke his passenger door surround then Trail 16 where my TJ decided to make love to a small tree.
    Onward we went to Trail 15 and then Trail 4 Yellow Jacket Ridge.
    We decided to head back to the comp area via the pole line hill climb.
    After the hill climb we came across Backfire and GSE Nick playing on some rocks and this is where Billy blew out both rear shocks and dropped his one of his rear coils.
    When we finally got back to the comp course, Xjeepness XJ decided it had it for the day and would no long run. We ended up waiting forever on a tow truck to get it back home.

It was a great day for the trail ride. The weather turned out great....though the rain did make it a little sloppy.

Here's a couple pics....click on pic for large version
    Billy right before he blew his shocks

subvet pausing for a kodak moment on the hill climb

Trail ride for Sat 12/29
    Blues & blacks

This is what I have that I think will be up there Sat 12/29
    See y'all in the AM

Subvet
    Knoxrents
    Jman
    Atrock
    XJeepness
    mrshaft696
    jeepchick
    shorebird
    daddanelena
    DrJ
    Backfire
    jeepcreep02
    superlifteddeef
    GSE Nick

I deff have a grounding problem. When I hook the meter up, I am getting continuity between the mounting stud and my ground bolt. I moved the hard wear around to look like the the first pic on the firestick page. Not sure. I am thinking I might need a nylon spacer between the coax ring and my mount. :shrug:

http://www.firestik.com/Tech_Docs/mkfr-instl_nohook.htm

The first pic on your link illustrates the same configuration as what Chris posted (the correct way).

You already have all the correct parts indicated in the picture you posted, you just have to arrange it correctly.

Make it look like this:

Ride on 12/22 is not looking good.
    Knoxrents is out
    J-Man is out
    Xjeepness is out

I probaly will have to put it off till the 29th.

Sorry about that, just found out this evening.

I guess there will be a larger group on the 29th

Guess it's kinda late to ask now, but how do you like them ?

I like the tire.
    They handle well on and off road. Tough sidewall.
    I have been very pleased with thier off road performance.
    For a MT, the tire handle well in all weather conditions.
    The set I have may seem to wear a little fast but I do have just a couple trips off road, so my tire wear I have may not be a good representation.

Overall, I like them better than any other mud tire I have owned for a vehicle that sees double duty.
    I did expect lower mileage over other tires due to softer compound and offroad abuse.