Posts by Captain_kitch

I just actually got a locker and I'm trying to plan this to all happens at once. So I fknt regear and dump good oil just to put the locker in. So trying to prioritize

I have a 96 XJ and I have an opportunity to get my hands on a ford 8.8 rear axle for no charge :spinrhead: :rollsmile: , but i would wanna put a Dana 44 under the front before i put the ford8.8 rear under the rear. what vehicle would have a Dana 44 with the differential on the driver side? and preferably with 4.10 gears already in it? :shrug:

but what's a good way to tell what my gears are now? i know i either have 3.55 gears or 3.73 gears. i have a Chrysler 8.25 as the rear axle if that helps

I have a 1996 XJ and recently put on a 4.5 inch RC lift kit, and more recently put on BFG A/T KO 33x10.50x15 tires on her. i was coming home from work and got pulled over for speeding. mt jeep said i was going 55 mph, but the cop clocked me at 65 mph in a 50 mph zone. thank god he was understanding that i put bigger tires on the jeep and wasn't sure of the speed of it yet. (ticket was only 5 over :spinrhead: ).

I wanna know if there's a way I can fix that so my speedometer is right or close to being right? P.S. i plan on putting an SYE kit on soon and wasn't sure if that would effect it at all?

I have a 1996 XJ and my A/C clutch went bad. My shop teacher recommended me getting a shorter belt to by pass the Air condenser.

Has anyone done this to there XJ? Does anyone know which belt it is? :bang: