Posts by jmack

This weekend I'm going to be pulling the TC skid plate on the TJ, replacing the nutserts and then reinstalling. I'm going to be doing some grinding to remove the old nutserts, so I'm wondering what the best way to paint those sections of frame would be. Just typical primer and paint?

I'm out. Too many other things going on.

1. altierior
    2. JKGray10
    3. Stafford
    4. Slowpoke (33s)
    5. WILLYN- as long as my jeep is still running. (35s)
    6. Spedly
    7. Daddanelena
    8. Tonka
    9. Shorebird
    10. Gavan
    11. Astape
    12. 2000sahara
    13. Jeffsjk
    14. JeepSahara

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think it's easier on the TJs, but I know it's a PITA job in an XJ.

On TJs you have to pull the steering column and dashboard, having done mine I'm not sure it's something I could call easier....

Given the amount of labor involved and the price of a new heater core, I'd just put a new one in.

We're out. Too much going on. .

I've had the Brown Dog lift mounts for over a year. I'd definitely recommend them. I installed them in the driveway with a jack and 4x4 like shadyluke mentioned.

Thanks for all the info everyone. I'm looking at replacing the headlight switch (about $15 on amazon) and then I will look at the multifunction switch amd the flasher relay if I'm still having an issue.

I don't think there is anything in my TJ fancy enough to be called multi-function. My headlight switch is just a pull knob on the dash, but that's pretty much the relay that I'm going to replace.

All of the bulbs work as far as I could tell, checked them all last light. A lot.

Could be the relay at the headlight switch, there's at least one loose connection there that cause the initial issues.

Going to sit for a few days while I'm traveling for business, but at least I have plenty to do on the weekend.

Yes and no. Most problems solved, new one found. My blinkers are blinking at a very high rate of speed. Everything seems to be working, lights are flashing, just faster than normal. Have to look at that this weekend.

Grounds at the taillights were ok, so after reassembling all that I resorted to this.....

And found a wire that had come loose at the headlight switch.

Welcome to the club! Good to see another 97 TJ SE in the club - I've had two, both 4cyl and 5 sp like yours. My current one is running 33s and has made several runs at Rausch creek. That 4 cyl should do just fine for what you're planning.