Posts by Pat2000jeep

I have done a 4" kit on a TJ, don't remember the brand...

but my son and I put a 4" lift on his WJ and just upgraded it to a long arm front.

so pretty familiar with the suspension setup, and we are in Clayton. PM me with a heads up when you intend to do it and we can see if we can make ourselves available to help you out.

Good luck

This is a park located just south of Dover AFB. They have a facebook page.

Their opening day is tomorrow (march 8).

My son and I are going to go and see how it is.

I'll post here with what we think.

Picked the Jeep up yesterday and drove it back home...had to trailer it up there due to sever death wobble!!

they aligned and fixed the death wobble, fair price, excellent work, checked the whole suspension/steering systems and only found that the rear lower control arms should be replaced (we pretty much replaced everything on the front end during this project)

They were very friendly, professional, started working on it tuesday moring (per appt) and kept in touch with me with the progress.

I highly recommend them!!

Thanks Aaron for the recommendation!

Contacted Holly Oak and set up to have the alignment done on Tuesday. And they were very helpful. also very easy to deal with as I want to tow the jeep up over the weekend and they have no problems with the vehicle waiting there until Tuesday.

Thanks for the advice!!

I was on here a few years ago when I had my 2000 TJ, think I started as Pat88ramcharger, but went quiet when I sold the TJ and the RC a number of years ago.

Well my son has made it up to driving age and my father in law gave him a 2002 Grand Cherokee Overland (WJ), and I also picked up another Ramcharger, 1987 this time.

He loves it and has recently purchased an Iron Rock Off Road 4" lift kit, and a Trail Forged WJ HD Steering Kit, which we finally got installed. (after finding bad rust on axle, had to have new perches welded on..bla, bla, bla, money, money, money)

Glad to be back and looking forward to the insight this site can deliver with the abundance of jeep knowledge of the users from this site.

No this kit retained the factory control arms, so no adjustment. It does have an adjustable track bar, which had a length given to us by lift manufacture that had to be set before install.

the problem I ran into is the first shop i went to wouldn't do the alignment because you have to take the Heim joints out to adjust, you cant just rotate the tie rod or the drag link due to the bends in them.

I just helped my son put a Iron Rock Off Road 4" lift and a Trail Forged HD Steering Kit (link: https://trailforged.com/product/wj-hd-steering-kit/) on his 2002 Grand Cherokee.

The problem I am having is that the local place I took it was unwilling to do the alignment due to the Heim Joints which have to be disconnected to make the adjustments.

Have any of you ran into similar problems or does anyone know of a shop that does these kind of alignments?

Thanks in advance for any help

I am looking to sell my Jeep.

2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
    200000+ miles
    6 cly/ 5 spd
    soft top/ half doors/ slider windows
    black on black
    AC/Cruise
    31 BFG Mud terrains

looking for about $6000.00 OBO

if interested, please call 302-388-2147 ask for Pat
    vehicle located in Clayton, DE, current reg and ins