Posts by jgppef

Hey Tony wanna take a shot at roll cage torx? im kinda nervous been saoking with PB blaster for a week. i dont have an impact wrench so im looking for someone to do it. A guy with jeep experience would be great. PM me if you are interested Ill tow new one down.
    thx

I just picked up my "new" family style roll cage. any tips on how to go about removing the old one and does nayone know anyone looking for an "old" style yj cage. Im PB Blasting is till next tuesday when Im off to work on it. Also I believe it came off a cj or maybe a yj but the color looks like and old cj color. matallic blue. What bikini style top (year of jeep) should I look for. Im putting the hard top on as late as I can so im not really too concerned for finding one just yet. any tips are greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

If you cant find one contact wolverine his wife does some really cool stuff. did some "conservative stuff" for my yukon and jeep. she is quite talented with the cutting machine and believe she is getting some new cutting capabilities soon

Hey Brian,
    Have you had a chance to work on the bumper?
    D-rings and light tabs.
    Im sure you are busy. Jeep is running great fixed heater core and not leaking.
    Wish i could take advantage of your specials
    thanks PeF
    red YJ 88/grey top

no the switch is on the column (sp?). YJ 88. I think I will try the switch removing the steering column cover and see whats up. It is working fine now, but the time I really need it its gonna go out! Isnt that how it always happens!?

excuse me for jumping in but on the same topic (sort of) is having rust cut out expensive. Im between a rock and a hard place as to what to do in terms of dumping cash into my Jeep. I have a bit of rust, rsuted through. its an 88 yj
    PeF

Yet another problem... I changed my headlamps to hella w/h3 replacement bulbs. wanted Sylvania silver star like on my Yukon but sales rep said these were better. I'm quite disappointed. (just FYI) well enough of that. I was leaving work at night 30 miles from home and switched to low beams and all headlamps went out all electrical was on but lights went out. they came back on 4-5 seconds later, on high and opted to drive home with high beams on for fear of loosing them for good. My buddy who gave me the Jeep had probs before and my mecahnic at the time fixed the problem with a switch which I think he took off his crawler. When I got home I switched the lights to low in my driveway and they did the same thing; off and comming back on 4-5 seconds later. I switched quite a few times iafter that in my garage but didn't do it again. I guess i can make lemonade out of lemons and buy some aux. lighting! any suggestions as where to start or what the culprit may be. any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. PeF

Hey what do I need to install the hardtop? Any insulation, what steps, and what should I look out for when installing. I have hardware, bolts and nuts etc. he Jeep never had hard top on it. From a same year wrangler. (88-yj)
    thanks for your help PeF

does anyone know where, besides thejunk yard, to find an interior light switch on the drivers side. dont ask me why i need it, its just one of those things. Qtec doesnt carry them nor does JC whitney.
    thx, PeF