Posts by jgppef

Geez how much money have I put into this thing?
    any way besides body mounts what should I replace when I do this thing? Immediate things, not things like shocks etc.
    I am painting, having it painted, red again
    thx
    PeF

Any input on seat covers? My seats are almost junked, need another season out of them. I know I don't want cloth. Nothing fancy needed or wanted.
    thanks

If you have not seen it come through the windshield, I would go with what Joe said. You can also check your vents in front of the windshield outside the jeep. they can collect leaves and not let the H2O out and back up. mine is what Joe said. I just leave the floor plugs out, don't have carpet

of course...driving home tonight...yep wipers went. stoppednad moved them along and the moved a bit...then stopped. its the motor right? take windshield off right. should i replace the gasket too? i guess i can answer that myself. thx

yeah i saw that site, im just on edge about spending all that money. why is the tarnny so small compartaively to mine. would there be another piect to buy? just a novice question.

so...are you saying this would be a good option? what would I need to get after that? looks completely different from mine. I also use it as a daily driver what would that do? So Ithink either way I go its going to be 1200.00 ish? UGH!!!

well the engine has been replaced and now the tranny has gone, im too far into this thing to unload it. any thoughts as to which direction to go? its going to cost alot, yes? should I replace it or rebuild it what are the costs associated with them? I guess i really dont know what im looking for-maybe just to whine about it. I am going to post a WTB for the tranny and se what hits i get. Oh well...its a jeep thing! :help:

I have an 88yj 2.5 standard transmission...it went...so what tranny do i have so i can post it up. broken tooth on gear. dont know which. mechanic says needs tranny....BLAST i just put new engine in it

well its the wrong piece. mine had a tab up top at the key insert. However i did find something strange out. when I tightned down the lock screw for the cylinder itself, the horn would come on when i turned key to the accessory on positon??? interesting. I did find it "loose" when I undid it removing the cylinder. well its done and working fine. as for the battery cable connection, that happened to me with my yukon in the parking garage in Princeton at train station. wowo thankfully I had triple A. mucho$$$$. thanks for your help and input.
    PeF

radio lights and fuel pump but wont give electric to the starter i guess? really bums me out when cant finish a project. reinstalled the other one and turned over. I dont know waht the wire tab like thing at key insert does or would do except hold it in place I sse it on ithe q tec web site, the wire tab but new one doesnt have it??

So its all taken apart and new switch is in. turn to start and nothing but electric. there is a little difference btwn switches old has metal wire"tab" up top at key insert. doesnt look like it does anything important but I guess it does. any suggestons besides get another one and I have the wrong one. got it from Qtec. Dunno? any help appreciated. PeF

88 yj I just noticed my tach "dancing" is ther a sending unit for it is is thee another issue? also what should my oil smell like its kind of harsh not sweet like oil out of the bottle but its clean. thx PeF

where the drive shaft meets tranny inside the yoke(?) there is oil splattering on muffler and on underside of jeep. is there something I should be greasing or watching. 88 2.5 standard trans. yj? Know what it is? Any help or suggestions would be great. Thx PeF