Posts by jgppef

Hey Stomper...fish some wire what? thought I had to just remove the c ring tehn take a few screws out. I did read something about removing the flasher pin or some mechanism with a paper clip?
    Hey ole fart...sorry dont mean any disrespect where are you in newark. I live in Nottingham 18 miles from NCClub. would be later monday evening im taking kids to skate park in York Pa. in the morning. I do have some friends who live in Newark. thanks I appreciate it

so I got the steering wheel off and now have to get the c ring off. doesnt seem to be much trouble. any suggestiosn as i did deeper into the steering column? I know I have to push down onhte steering wheel to remove the c ring. is that a b#%ch?

so my clutch is spongy? its loose till about 3" then I feel more resistance. I say more resistance because i feel the spring up top first, then it gets more firm. Well the other day I had to pump it a few times to get it to go into first gear. This has not happedned but this once. But my question is the distance changes as to where it sets more resistance. I replaced the master cylinder and it is doing the same thing. I replaced the clutch a while back. I have a feeling im not going to want to hear the response. Thanks
    PeF

its funny sometimes it leaks and then sometimes it doesnt...must be a jeep thing. I cleaned around it well and the gasket acutally had some oxidation on it from the resovire (wow cant spell that) ill keep and eye on it, its not a problem just annoying more than anything. and of course cause there has to be something wrong...my clutch m. cyl took a poop. sopmetimes it works properly then the next minute I cant get the darn thing into gear. why would that happen? just curious im replacing it next week.

can i get a gasket for the brake master cylinder at a parts store? I saw a repair kit for master cylinder on qtec web site, would that be the best bet? is there even one in it? I can call in the morning but just trying to figure out. Or should i just get a new m cylinder?
    Thanks PeF

well the jeep will be back on the road monday. new engine, waterpump, and a few wires. 92.4 cyl with 87k on it, cleaned up well and is going to be startted tomorrow. WOO HOO, driving by all the jeeps on the road and I want to wave but cant in my VW. tops commin off as soon as i get her home!

Yeah I was actually thinking of pulling the head and doing all that. what can it hurt eh? the alternator also has a picec missing where the rear bolt goes in, (np). the mount is two pieces and the front one has a piece missing. Jim Diamond in NJ has hte mount and wants $50 for it gotta drive and get it. I really want to keep it. woke up this morning and you know that feeling like puting your dog down...Spoke wiht my wife who is in BARABDOS!!! and said well lets talk about it...that was promising! any way thnks for input and thoughts! adios

88 yj-well power steering mount cracked alternator has cracked bolt hole and went through 2 quarts of oil in 250 miles. didnt see any blue smoke that would tell me it was burning oil. so.....255k, rust, etc., any suggestions? and if i do sell it what should i ask. got family roll cage, wheels from wolverines old jeep, windshield isnt rusted, lots of new stuff, tranny 30k? on it. ugh my oldest son isnt taking this well either! I dont want to get rid of it, if i had my dithers. also have black front clip that hasnt been installed.