Posts by jgppef

well i went fly fishing yesterday. It was such a beautiful day and thught to myself how lucky we are to live in such a great country. forget politics, war and countyr pride for a moment. it was just so beautful...oh and caugtht nice ones!

think im gonna sit on it for a while and think on it. thanks for all yor input. but how difficult are both options? im a chef not a mechanic but have good undrestanding of that stuff. im really limited on time too thats other factor. damn work getting in the way of personal stuff!!

UGH!! well on second thought. I was going to make it a project for my son and I but I dunno. I dont know if jeep has that much life left in her to spend 1.5-2k Hate to say it...and dont tell her!

what do i need to do a soa on a yj and what would be the cost. gonna try this winter. yes i did look but couldnt find in the archived stuff. I bet someone else will find it. thx PeF

I took off my tire cover fromthne winter and found there to be a whitish discoloration from what looks like to be under the "clear coat?" any suggestion. i was thinkign of taking it off for weight in terms of mpg but can it be fixed easily I have not done anything yet to it.THanks PeF

Its getting warmer by the day??? guys. mondays and tuesdays are best for me. Thursday evenings would be ok too.
    nothing like being out at sunset!
    PeF

am i correct in saying there is a shaft going form hte switch on the steering collumn going to a switch to start the jeep. when I give it a full turn it gets really hard to turn and im afraid i might break off the tabs on the key switch. mind you its 20 years old and the possibility is there. If im wrong how does it work. WD 40 did nothing when lightly sprayed in the switch itself (around outside)
    thanks PeF

yeah, lower windshield its on left. connector goes in a hole behind the ?firewall? easy to get to. linkage arms are going along bottom windshield with holes to get to them.

well fo course my 88yj HAS to be different. everyone I called fro this part was like HUH??? 4x4hdw had it. but go figure, qtec had the switch...(drop shopped from crown) but didnt have the proper hose and had no idea what I was talking about. but got it none the less. do you think it was brittle wiht age or should i pe a little bit more careful with it? any suggestions before i put it all back together? plug looks fine. Ohthe hose i got had 3 o-rings oen for each end of the line and the third looks like it should go to the switch thread end but didnt see one on the old switch.
    THanks PeF

what does the powersteering switch do on my 88 yj. replacing my p/s hose and broke it (the swith, it was really brittle) have one comming, but just curious what it did?

I just replaced upper rad. hose and refilling. how high or low should the coolant be? I know over the top ofhte "grates but how high into the neck of hte fill. I leak a bit of coolant on the bottom but as I check to top off the level really never goes down. do you think its clogged or am i missing something.
    I als oreplaced faln drive clutch. cust support forn vendor said its ok to be a little over size from OE. it is not hitting anything that was his question. and it is fine. but is this ok or will it add stress to the shaft? thanks for your help PeF
    88 4cyl yj

Hey I need to replace the pressure line/hose in my jeep for the power steering. The hose the vendor sent me doesnt have a switch on it and doesnt even have a place to accept one. on my jeep (2.5 4cyl 88yj) i have a switch with two wires comming off it going into the wiring harness on existing hose in needof rplacement. I am also told the one I recieved is the correct one. could it have been a mispick from warehouse or is this acceptable to replace with new line without the switch. I did also talk to someone about needing the switch and the switch is said hose is right. now switch is being drop shipped to me from someone via same vendor. any thoughts on this. :bang:

thanks for your help PeF