Posts by jgppef

Im having a new clutch put in my 88yj. what should this cost me approxomately. Im not having it done a the stealership, a local guy in notingham pa. thats where I live. its a hydraulic clutch. any things I should have him replace while its out. any advice. Thanks for any help!

It comes out of the bottom of the box. not the top. It (the box) has a metal pipe bent at 90 degree outhte bottom where the hose came off and went to the block. it does sound like its for the warm up. hte jeep runs rough befoe it warms up . these past days its running great with the warm weather. It is the large hose.
    thanks PeF

out of the bottom here is a hose, flexi, that goed to the engine. how imoportant is it and do i need it immediately. changing air filter today and noticed it and it was all dry rotted. whos got the cheapest, like an idiot, i go to the stealer for thngs like this. does napa etc have parts like this

88yj

Hey dennis i put mine on a while back. nuts were tough to loosen. if you need help, Im off tuesday. It is a bit difficult because the space is tight

88yj, passenger side interior, its a "box" at the side wall with a sponge like filter with angled vent fins. its letting tons of cold air in. (im getting old) I will take it apart on monday but want to know if Im up against anything difficult. dont recon its much of a job. thanks ahead of time

i soaked mine with pb for one week. I start with pb one week out before I do anything to the jeep, (88 yj) got a huge breaker bar and 55 torx from tractor supply and it finaly came out lots of creaking and sweaking, but they came out. it wasnt fun but they came out

griotsgarage.com. expensive, but best of show wax is friggin awesome. a little difficult to get off, need some elbow grease. pretty cool catalog and website too!

It does not leak when engine off, only when running. I did fine two open ends in the rear pass. wheel well. Oneis metal the other is rubber and runs across top of tank. I did fint at eht stealership that Im missing basicaly two pieces a tapered neck piece and a vent cap that i think attaches to the soft rubber hose that Im asssuming goes to the charcoal canister!Am i right? also Ive got lots of crackedhoses going to the charcoal canister. How important are they, should I replace them immediately. I have been running for 1 year so far with everything like this. Oh and by ht eway, the piece taht I was talking about originaly looked like it was chewed off. THE BUZZARDS are circiling. Oh and by the way I just turned 200K

The jeep was running for a while. Is there a perssure concern with ithe jeep "blowing up". "in the tank" This is hte first time teh gas came out of the hose. The metal "hose" My question is: is htere a bigger problem with pressure in the tank.

Air did come out of the tank when I took cap off. I did get a new cap as well the old one was rusty

I replaced the gas fill cap thinking that I was having a pressure related problem.

However, upon furhter investigation, behind the passenger side rear wheel well, there is a metal pipe with a hose clamp that ends there where the gas is coming out.

There's also a rubber hose, just hanging around in the back that goes across the top of the gas tank.

Any suggestions as to what this may be? The gas is coming out noticably. It seems to be squirting out the top of the metal pipe.

I'm wondering of those two things should be connected.

how do you adjust the pin. just a torx in the middle and move it. having all sorts of problems with dirvers side door, the soft upper doesnt snug up in hte dor frame chanel. do you think this could have been a result of replacing window and the roll cage. tightening down too much. this is actually two problems, I drilled out the torx on bottom hinge and moved door out as far as it would go. still not hitting strike pin properly.

boy you guys are smart. i got two bolts and took a hack saw and cut grooves along the shaft and they wend i well. Im installing a 2" reciever on top of the bumper kind o cheesy i know but just for fishing pole rack. it was fun I actually did everything without screwing anything up. I did break two 1/4 drive socket wrenches. craftsman and snap on. had to mive aux lighting. probably simple for you all but an accomplishment for me. thanks for allyour input

hey chuck what is the thread I have a bolt and nut that came withwhat im trying to insatll but ht eblot when put on torx bolt wiggles a slight bit, which makes me think they the torx and non torx are a bit off on thread size.

well the ones i go were labled r and l. I got them off a jeep at mason dixon auto recyclers. It did work out that they kind of had to be level if you will. at first i bored out the rivet and looked inside. i figured it out with the side off but eventually jamming a small diameter screwdriver into preventing lockup. as I was fooling around with it, i set it on the table and pulled and they came out easily. I really cant figure how the whole contraption works only that there is a large "ball bearing" inside and some geared teeth. the ball seems to have some thing to do with it. the weather covers are angled for ease of pulling? and a tab in the top mounting to the frame to keep it mounted "upright" so it will let loose to pull out the belt. i have thought i would go to "ask jeeves" and see what comes up. but im working on front frame bolt issue right now and freezing my tail off

Hey the torx bolts on stock yj front bumper. the bolt holes behind them on the frame should be the same thread...right. ahving a heck of a time getting ever the bumper torx bolt in to it. I brushed it out with a small diameter wire brush and still having a bugger of a time. It is the bolt hole to attach front hooks. I tried to get the existing ones in but they only went so far. they are tapered slightly at the end. Keep in mind im dealing with a bit of rust. that may just be the problem.