Posts by vlax0630

Hey everyone, just had someone recommend I bump this over here from Jeep Forums. Just got a Red and Black 00' TJ 4.0L with about 4"s of total lift up on 35s. It has a Dana 44 in the back and I believe a Dana 30 up front. Gearing is at 3.73.

It seems to need some drive-line work though. I think my main issue is rear drive-shaft related, but the seals on both diffs aren't all that solid (visible oil/grease on both cases) and got a real interesting cracking noise (beyond normal 4wd turning noises) when I tried to turn in 4wd the other day. The worst of what I'm experiencing amounts to some thumping/clucking and moderate vibrations on acceleration in the lower 3-4 gears. It does have about a 1" transfer case drop on it, but I'm thinking it's not enough. I'd like to get an SYE installed to help smooth out the ride no matter what, but need to strike a balance cost wise between fixing what's absolutely necessary and what is smart to do for the long run.

I'd like to do it myself but I'm worried I'll end up spending more trying to figure out exactly what it needs then just taking it in to a shop. Anyone used Pete's Garage in Newark before? Sounds like they know Jeeps well, just hoping they're reasonable on their rates. Unless I hear otherwise from replies, I'm planning on taking it in to talk to them about it on Friday.

Anyway, I know this kind hits on three different thread topics here, so I'll stop. I'm up in Pike Creek so Hockessin/PCV people give me a waive if you see me out there. I'm down to try and go up to RC once I get it running to where I'm comfortable taking it off road.