Posts by Rat999Salad

Or does anyone on here have the means to replace these?

Could it be the oil pump? The mechanic just said it’s probably not that, not sure if he even checked. He does not get into engines though, said it’s a gopher hole of problems. Easier to replace entire engine.

Well the mechanic just told me my engine is basically done for.
    2001 XJ with low oil pressure and engine noise.
    I don’t really have the knowledge or abilities to fix myself. Or the funds to afford a new engine.
    how much could I honestly sell this for?

Does anyone know the size of the mounting screws for the IAC?
    Need to buy new ones but cannot take off the current screws until I have replacements.
    They’re stripped. And held in by threadlock basically. I can’t seem to find these things anywhere.

It sounds like a diesel honestly.
    My exhaust Smoke is slightly white.
    Put a quart of oil in it the other day and my pressure guage is right at 40 until it’s warmed up and then it drops down to about 20. Sometimes 10 or below when I’m stopped.

Exhaust looks normal. Oil looks normal too. The only reason I suspect this is because of low oil pressure and losing coolent. The coolent reservoir is dark too. I doubt this thing has ever been flushed or had it’s hoses changed either. It’s new to me.
    Gonna have it looked at soon.
    Thanks for everyone’s help.

Been looking this up all day.
    Is it possible it could only be the head gasket?
    My dipstick oil looks totally fine. My Anti-Freeze reservoir looks like it could be mixed with oil though. It’s not bright green, more of a dark grey.

I have a 01 XJ that I suspect might have a cracked head but how do I know for sure?
    The cap has a super small amount of milky sludge in it.
    My oil pressure is super low (0 when idle 10-20 when driving)
    Losing coolent pretty regularly.
    Sounds like a diesel.
    This are all relatively new problems so if it is cracked I imagine it happened within the last few weeks.

And what would this roughly cost to fix?
    And help is greatly appreciated.

Switched them both out pretty easily but unfortunately this didn't fix a problem I've been having.

So basically every once in a while when I turn off the ignition it sounds like something is still spinning and ramping down...? I haven't had a chance to quickly pop the hood and get a look when this happens yet.
    Also I can tell (sometimes) when it's going to happen because when I'm stopped, it runs super rough.

Anyone have any ideas?

Might be the belt, I was thinking it was the bearings in the pulley. I planned on replacing both but started looking at pulleys on rockauto and saw there's a million different options. The current pulley is smooth so I guess I should stick with that. Even still, there are $11 pulleys and $30 pulleys. No real description on what the difference is.

Sorry been away from the computer for a while.

Yea, the insurance company basically took it. Long story.
    5 cars involved.
    Drums are slightly messed up. broke both the loops on my kick drum, and snapped a cymbal stand in half.

Looking for a new XJ too if anyone has any info.