Posts by slick

Putting my pride and joy up for sale, this truck is CLEAN. This a very rare truck with the options it was outfitted with from the factory, only 2 for sale in a 250 mile radius!

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4- 97,xxx miles. Asking 16000$

Purchased this truck @ 70k miles from a 72 year old gentleman who had owned it since new (I am second owner). This truck has meticulously maintained, complete service log available.

This truck is loaded with EVERY option from the factory but a DVD player.

Interior:
    Multi-level heating passenger seat
    10 -way power passenger seat
    10 -way power driver seat
    Passenger seat with power adjustable lumbar support
    Multi-level heating driver seat
    Driver seat with power adjustable lumbar support
    Height adjustable driver seat
    Height adjustable passenger seat
    Leather
    Bucket front seats
    Folding rear seatback
    Folding with storage center armrest
    Remote power door locks
    Reverse tilt dual mirrors provides curb view when vehicle in reverse
    Power mirrors
    Heated mirrors
    2 one-touch power windows
    External temperature display
    Compass
    Front console with storage
    Front and rear cupholders
    Front door pockets
    Overhead console with storage
    12V front and 12V rear power outlet(s)
    Audio controls on steering wheel
    Dual zone climate controls - driver and passenger
    Cargo area light
    Front and rear reading lights
    Leather steering wheel
    Front and rear floor mats
    Turn signal in mirrors
    Electrochromatic inside rearview mirror
    Passenger vanity mirror
    Memorized settings includes audio system
    Memorized settings for 2 drivers
    Mast antenna
    Bose premium brand speakers
    Separate rear audio
    7 total speakers
    AM/FM in-dash 6 CD player stereo
    Speed sensitive volume control
    1 subwoofer(s)
    OnStar telecommunications service

Exterior:
    Power Sunroof
    Power Rear Window Sliding Glass
    2" Leveling Kit with (4) new nitrogen shocks (225$) -200 miles ago
    Brand new Toyo Open Country A/T 2's (1600$) 33/12.50/20 -200 miles
    20" OEM Silverado Premium Alloy Wheels (1200$)

Other/Maintenance:
    Completely rebuilt and upgraded heavy duty transmission by Del Trans of Newark, friction plates added in 2nd and 3rd, rebuilt tq converter, high flow pump, HD sunshell. <3,000 miles, 15k/1yr warranty! (2900$)
    AC Delco Platinum Iridium Spark plugs, Air Filter, Mass Air flow sensor cleaned, Oil Changed (5w30 Mobil1 synthetic always) <1,000 miles.

Reason for sale:
    I have purchased a larger boat and am upgrading to a diesel truck for towing purposes as I will be trailering as far as Florida. You will not find a cleaner vehicle, the paint has a mirror finish due to me having it professionally detailed quarterly, the vehicle is washed weekly by hand, even in the winter.

Call/Text James (302) five nine three-0451
    Email: slickstercav at yahoo.com

wasnt going to scrounge google and furniture stores for two hours to find one thats facing the right way. all of the chaise sectionals are in the same price range, left or right doesnt make a difference :doh: fixed ad.

:wavey:

its guys like these that are hurting the sport and they are the reason why delaware has cracked down on the shark fishing laws..

that shark was up too high on the beach, id like to know who the punks are, and the reason why they published it to the dam* news journal to boot.

heres what the true land based sharkfishermen do when they land a shark/release/photo op/etc.

the prize catch.. 11'10" Tiger Shark

are the sharks super dangerous after a long fight and their worn out/exhausted? Not one bit, these guys released this 11ft hammerhead and walked with it in the water..

edit: and girls...note his hand is right on the nose of that hammerhead

I was stopped by a ranger two saturdays ago, with my obvious shark fishing gear out. I have a top of the line dehooker, giant cable cutters if the dehooker fails for some reason, and the crew to manage a shark once it is close to the surf, the ranger recognized all of this, I told him I was indeed targeting the smooth dogfish, but in the event another species is landed, all sharks are released in the wash of the surf, and swim away great on their own. He wished me the best of luck and said be safe, no problems whatsoever.

To address some people who are somewhat against landing the sharks or think its unsportsmanlike to have your crew in the picture...the same principle applies to any fisherman out there, and atleast these sharks are getting water with every wave crashed. Fisherman take pictures of their catch, whether its a white marlin or a sailfish boarded on the boat for a quick picture, or if its a big striper during the catch and release season, or a flounder just too small to keep but its your son/daughters first catch/biggest catch yet, its not healthy regardless to have a fish breathing air.

I can assure you that the true sportsmen that actively participate in land based shark fishing have their top priority being the safety of the shark, a fast and efficient release, with a few pictures and a tape measurement during that time. Like any fisherman, we take measurements, I caught a 24" flounder/ a 7'9" shark/ its all the same.

For anyone who is interested in looking into this more, and seeing how it is a nation/worldwide sport this land based sharkfishing..I highly recommend checking out the following sites..

http://Www.sharksonthesand.com

http://Www.tx-sharkfishing.com

After talking directly to the dnrec office who I called directly, it is ok to release the shark in the wave wash,

The open mouth picture is deceiving, because we did not pull the shark up the beach any further then this shot

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i242/slickcav/DSC_0369.jpg

I don't see a point in ever totally beaching a shark, all of my two releases thus far have been in wave wash with water passing almost to the tail evertime a wave washes up on shore, thus water going through gills. In my releases the sharks have powered away into the waves with no assistance, whereas sometimes you have to walk the shark out into the water and gently pull it back and forth to push water through the gills, myself and my crew that I am usually with pride ourselves on the fastest releases possible, longest out of the two releases have been just under two minutes, one person has camera one has dehooker one has tape measure. I just want to make it clear that I am legally within the boundaries of what dnrec has stated.

June 28th:

Flounder fished all day in the Roosevelt Canal here in Delaware, caught over 40 flounder all just shy of keepers, go figure. But hey its fun bailin em! Decide later in the day to go hit the beach, of course I had anticipated this and brought all of my recently acquired sharking gear, and so we decided to drive on out and set up. Tide was ripping of course, so my first drop of the baits off the Penn 50's are sideways down the beach, reel in, walk 75 yds down the beach, head out on an angle, and ended up having them perfectly set about 200+yds off the beach. Using whole fresh slimy bunker for bait.

After the two baits get set and drags checked/spider weights set nice and dug in the sand..we decide to paddle out the other penn 6/0, had plenty of kayak paddler's, so why not.

Playing some corn hole (baggo/bean bag toss game) watching the rods like a hawk, and bam the 6/0 goes down three times before I can get to it, I tighten the drag down, slam it up to strike, and set the hook, as I am setting the hook I look up only to catch the Sand Tiger airborne! thats right! little bit of air and a big splash 150-200yds off the beach, it was an awesome bite.

Set the hook a few more times, hand the rod off to my dad and get him strapped in and the fight was on. After about 15-20 minutes I had the leader, and man was this Sand Tiger strong, bulldoggin in the surf making multiple 20yd runs, finally time my leader wraps and pull with the incoming set, and we get a nice tail wrap and drag the shark up a few feet, still receiving water through the gills with every wave that would crash on the beach. Got the measuring tape, got the cable cutters, and he was back in the water in approximately less than 2 minutes. Tape measure read 6 ft 11, but I was struggling to keep the shark straight, and it in the heat of the moment/chaos, I really couldnt get a super accurate reading, I'd say I was off atleast 4-5 inches or so, putting this male ST @ 7 ft 4 inches possibly. Dad couldnt stop smiling from ear to ear, which made this trip a thousand times more special that I was able to put him on a big shark

Pulled all the other lines in, reset new fresh baits, fished for another hour, and my crew was tired from being up at 4 am fishing all day (and boozing the night before) so we decided to pack it up and head in..heres some good shots!

-note in above picture, shark was no further out of water then in all the previous photos, it happened to be after a big set rolled in and the wash and sucked back really far into the beach.

One man kayak gets the baits out, holy cow am I out of shape. Anyone know the laws of having a small 8ft zodiac/old sea doo on the beach, serious question. The zodiacs can inflate in less then 10 min, little 5hp motor and your good to go.

As far as what beach..south of milford north of ocmd :fishing:

Report was written by a buddy of mine I fished with that day-

Went out Saturday evening for the first time this year. Got my buddy Matt his first shark a nice 7ft sand tiger. We were a little nervous about the new regulations in Delaware but we were checked by a park ranger and he mentioned nothing to us about the new regulations. He didn't see us catch the shark but it was pretty obvious that we were shark fishing we had 4 penn 50s out. We had probably the fastest release on this one i have ever done, and we were able to keep the shark right at the edge of the wash so every time a wave broke he was getting plenty of water across the gills. This bad boy was only out of the water for about a minute and a half. 2 quick pics and a removed hook later and he was swimming strong. Congrats to Matt on this shark, he's leaving this week for 3 months overseas with the Navy. Also had my buddy Jamie with me on his first trip he's a new member to the site and i'm sure he will add something to the report.

I know the picture makes the shark look high and dry, but if you look and see how wet the sand is by his mouth, you can see that each wave has been going past his head with water. I ran in as the water receded to take a picture real quick then ran back before the upcoming wave swept back up the beach.

That gives you an idea of how close we were in the water the entire time with the shark, we were about a foot closer to the water then the above picture, again, each wave that came up passed over the sharks head through his gills and almost past his entire 7ft body.

Total time once we had control of the shark was less then a minute and a half, hook removed, and the shark powered back through the waves with out any help whatsoever.

All in all, im new to the sport of landbasedsharkfishing, this was my first trip out and it was a success, its unfortunate that delaware is trying to come up with new laws to keep people from sharkfishing from the beach, but according to their laws, and how we landed/released the shark, it never came out of the water and was never high and dry, thus being successful and not breaking any laws.

Bunch of guys I know have put these brakes on their trucks/few jeeps, I put cross drilled/slotted rotors with ceramic pads on the cherokee i just bought for 109$ shipped. You can get all four discs/pads for like <300$. One year warranty, I know guys that have over 80,000 miles on this brand of discs/pads and will continue to buy from there.

its an ebay store called brakelabs

http://stores.ebay.com/brakelabs

chief,

my concern is when I do the SOA is a 15" similar jeep rim going to fit with 31's. I feel like I had read something on JF about needing atleast 4" BS on the rim and then having to readjust the flares/reconstruct/fab/modify/ whatever you choose to do. If its a 5x4.5 bolt pattern in a perfect world, a jeep 15" rim would fit correct?