Posts by slick

Hi all. I've been searching the web high and low for small offroad jeep trailers like an m416, but am having a tough time finding" the one".

My needs for this trailer are to hold a kayak (rack), fishing poles (four or six rod holders), two coolers, and some other gear that may not fit in the new to me xj. I understand I can put the kayak on the roof, jam the coolers in the back fold the back seats down etc, but then the people I can carry in the jeep decreases due to lack of room, etc.

Im eyeing up james' harbor freight trailer build he did a few years back..and am interested but I want to be able to run matching tires and axle width to accommodate the trailer being able to follow in the sand ruts that the jeep is in. Can that trailer axle be swapped out to something that can hold bigger tires/same bolt pattern?

Any other ideas?

Great info, thanks! And sal thanks, it was my baby, 64mm turbo, injectors,fuel and the works, similar set ups arare25-650 to the wheels running 12.8s, so it was a fun vehicle, but financially I need to start saving in places I can, picking up an xj for 5-8k versus paying on a 25k truck just financially makes more sense in this case

My baby is on her way to Kentucky as we speak, as a 22 year old girl and her diesel nut boyfriend flew in yesterday to Philly, drove it around, thought about it, decided yes, and well left with it today.

sigh.

Anyhow, I'm looking for something with some more room in it then a wrangler, and have been searching hard for a 96+ 3.4L Tacoma, but being as these trucks run forever, no one wants to get rid of them, thus not many for sale.

I'm starting to consider an XJ, like I said, something with some more room then the wrangler. What do I need to keep an eye out for? Years/makes/models/rear axles/front axles.

So what do ya got for me DEJA?

Looking to get a bracket made up for a bypass filtration kit I am going to be installing soon (On my 2006 common rail).

I have the dimensions and want this exact bracket, I will drill the holes and do the pretty rattle can paint..will pay for materials and $?

[size=13px]

Quote from Kraig;653961

Hi All- The bracket was made from 3” wide, ¼” thick steel plate with a 90 and 45 degree bend.

[/size]

Lift it yourself, most guys would love to give you a hand if you just give us some notice..and beer i mean pizza and soda. As far as the lift prices go, you can piece it together, people sell the coil spacers all the time between here and all the other jeep forums, such as jeepforum.com You want 2" coil spacers (4) then you can just keep your eyes peeled for a set of quick disco's and some shocks and then maybe buy the JKS BL and MML new because once people get them they usually dont get rid of them..and the wheel spacers of course like quantum said..

at 70mph i sit right around 3,000rpms, and I get my BEST fuel mileage at that speed because the engine isnt lugging itself out. That equation may account for a 6 cylinder, but you have to remember that the sweet spot or power band if you will on the four cylinders is like 2800-3100 if i remember correctly, then with the 6 cyl its like 2100-2300 or something. Not sure what size tires your running currently because your sig/profile doesnt state it, but with 33's 4.88's are the gear set to go with for the 4 cyl, and if you plan on keeping stock gears (4.10's) and bumping up, well say good bye to 5th gear, ran mine like that for 6 months, a true 4 speed.. :upset: