Posts by tank

I just bought my first jeep and would love to hook up with you and get some idea's on what to do with my 2 door wrangler. It need s things. By the look of the pictures you must be in Green Valley. Let me know. Yoyr jeep is very very nice! Tank

Great advice from all I hope to post a picture of it tomorrow. Like the advice about about just painting the hood and using overlays. I did see a 4 door this morning that was black and had the jeep lime green on his wheels and on parts of his step rail looked good. About the tires I'm not sure what to do. Do I want a lift or should I go with a 17 rims and larger tires. As for my use I would not be a rock guy more of a beach jeep, since I have a place at the beach and a mall crawler. I guess that's a guy who just drives around the mall. LOL. OK sounds like I'm going to go with the [size=0px]Quadratec or Rubicon Express lifts with the [/size][/size][size=0px]Hydro shocks. who does the vinyl overlays or should I check with my buddy at Porters who does there stripping. I'll post some photos tomorrow of the TJ. Thanks to all[/size]

Thanks guys. I think I'm entering into a money pit with all the cool stuff you can do to jeeps. What can I expect to pay for the lift like shown on your jeep pictured and who should I go to to do it. As for the paint I would only paint the exterior and door jams and sills I will try pricing that out first but I don't want to paint it if it's gonna lose value changing colors. I know nucar body shop does a nice paint job. I think I'll just get the hood repaired and do a quality chrome diamond accessories like on the rear quarter corners. The pin strip has to go.

Hi folks just bought my first jeep and it's a 2004 X wrangler with a inline 6 and auto transmission. I'm a disabled vet with neuropathy in my lower limbs and had to go the auto trans route. The jeep had only one owner and only 59K. But it;s just a plain black jeep with half doors and I would like to paint it the jeep orange or light blue. who does quality paint or am I making a mistake painting it.The hood needs a repaint looks like the clear coat is spidering When you look at it the hood looks like cat hairs are on the hood. I could keep it black take the pin strip off that I hate it was a women owned jeep and just repaint the hood black and add chrome diamond corners grill trim and chrome gas fill I would like larger tires on lt, has 15 on it now. I would put a 2" to 3 1/2 lift on it Can you give me some idea's. I know that jeeps have all kind of accessories that can really make it a cool looking jeep. what do you guys think? and any idea's. Thanks Tank