Posts by Mack293

This is all great info to know. I don't plan on keeping the YJ bone stock. I have a ton of ideas on different mods for it, just can't do them all at the same time. $950.00 for a Hydo Asist Kit! Wow! If that is the case, then maybe I will start out with a power steering system. Guess I'll start looking at the bone yards...

...that is the question.

My '93 YJ is currently bone stock. It is so bone stock, that it doesn't even have power steering! :bang: I stopped by the DeJA tent and chatted with some of you about this. There was discussion about just putting in a power steering pump and replacing the serpentine belt, along with the steering box. On the other hand, there was also discussion about doing a hydro assist.

Guess what I am looking for here are the pros and cons of each and how difficult would it be for me to do the mod myself no matter which way I decide to go. The point of the matter is that there will definitely be power steering coming up, just a question of which kind.

Thanks for the assistance. After speaking with the fine folks from Quadratec at the Jeep Show on Saturday (blast of a show, BTW :up:), they advised me that the CJ lift won't work on a YJ without doing a boatload of mods (something about relocating brackets for leaf springs and getting adapters for the shocks). So I am going to try and sell the lift that I have (which is posted in the for sale board), or return it to Quadratec and get a lift that will be more suited to the YJ. I'm still thinking Black Diamond 3 1/2". However, I have skyjacker products bolted to my ZJ and I kind of like them as well. So I am kind of torn. :shrug:

Thanks for the assistance. I really don't want to have to go out and purchase another lift kit if this one will be compatible. I'll have to measure the width of the lift springs to verify. Guess I should have clarified, but didn't think about it earlier. The shackles are the Greasable ones from Currie. I don't remember if they have any lift to them or not. I am thinking about replacing both front and rear Shackles since I purchased four (4) of them. Also, at what lift height does one start considering putting in a dropped pitman arm and dropping anything else?

I bought a 3" Black Diamond Lift and shackles that was going to go on a '79 CJ7. That never occurred. I now have a '93 YJ with no lift and am starting to look at different lift options. Eventhough the Black Diamond lift is stated to be designed for a CJ, would anyone know if it would fit onto a YJ instead? Just by looking at the leaf springs and shock mounts, they don't seem to differ from the CJ to the YJ. However, assumptions usually get people into trouble. :doh: In theory, the lift should be compatible, correct? I would rather try and use this lift rather than having to purchase another lift package.

Thanks for the info. I'll give that a whirl first. If the one that you have is any good, I may be interested in it... Let me know if you are willing to part with it.

I need a confirmation on something. The rear wiper in my '90 XJ is not working. I checked the wiring and switch and both appear to be fine. However, when I turn on the switch to activate the rear wiper, all I hear is a clicking noise coming from the area where the rear wiper motor is. Would that mean the the motor is bad or would the clicking noise be referring to something else? :shrug:

I have recently purchased a '79 CJ7 that currently has what appears to be a stock suspension and factory shackles. When time permits, I am going to be replacing the stock suspension with a Black Diamond 3" lift which includes new leaf springs, shocks, and required mounting hardware. A fellow Senior Jeeper made the suggestion that when we are putting in the new suspension that it would be less of a headache if we put in fresh shackles at that time than waiting till doing it down the road. Now, my question is what for shackles would be compatible with the Black Diamond Suspension? In doing some research, I noticed that not all shackles are compatible to all suspension kits. That is as far as my knowledge goes... :shrug: I'm looking into the greasable kind with polyurathene bushings and not planning on doing much rock crawling with them. I'm currently more of an over-the-road and occasional off road kind of Jeeper. However, I'm open to any suggestions...

Thoughts, please....
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! :help: