Posts by Mr93wrangler

What's a good adjustable front track bar to use on my 98 tj? I'm installing a 3" spring lift and may need to add a little more in spacers to level it up due to my 8.8 in the back. The kit says to drill a new hole on the axle bracket but I'm not a fan of that.

I'm adding a 3.73 rear to my jeep and also a set of 31" tires I'm in search of a 33 tooth speedo gear for my 98 tj with a np231. If anyone has one they'd like to sell or maybe even give me I'd greatly appreciate it. This is only temporary because I'll be changing gear and tire size later. Thanks

My reason asking is to use a set of jk wheels on the front without having the front axle wider than the rear. I'd have to use adapters in the rear cause the 8.8 is roughly 1.5 narrower than the d35 is.

Just curious if a front hub from a wj w a d30 would fit in a tj? I'm looking at possibly swapping to a 5x5 lug wheel and don't want to run an adapter up front.

The rear brack brackets are being welded on the axle for a 2.5-3.5" lift. It's a East coast gear supply 8.8 I'm going to put it in with the stock arms and see how far off the pinion angle is. I know there's a good chance I'll need uppers but not sure on lowers. The lift kit doesn't come with any. It's a zone brand I may be going with.

Anyone have any knowledge of Daystar adjustable rear control arms? I'm not looking to pay a ton when I do replace the stock ones on my tj now. I'm thinking of doing them after or around the time I install my lift.

Well I'm planning on going with the Daystar 3" spacer since I ordered a ecgs 8.8 rear. I'm going to get adjustable uppers for the rear also. Then a tummy tuck and she later on.

I plan on using it for light off road I understand that the more flex I have the better. My last jeep was a yj that was locked with 2.5" lift and 31's I could go more places than most jacked up trucks could. I don't want the fear of loosing another axle due to c clip failure. Most people I hear say dumping any money in the d35 is worthless. So I found two 8.8 rears ones a LSD and the other maybe also. Most being spent would be $225.00 for a 8.8. If I do end up running 35's I'm not to worried about them being too far outside of the fender flares. VA isn't real strict about that. I try to do some research and see just what size tire would look the best asfar as fender gap goes. If 3" spring and 1" body looks great on 33x12.50 than I'll probably go that route. I'm not looking to have a jeep jacked up to the sky. I know if I go too tall I will have issues with the law. So maybe I need to hear from you good people as to what's the best set up for me! I was looking at doing it in steps due to not being rich!

I'm no fan if big body lifts I've got a 1". I originally had only planned to go with 33's but I think the fender to wheel gap may be to big with 3" spring 1" body lift. And I've read that it'll set 1/2" taller in the back with the 8.8 under it!

I'm also adding a body lift also! Its not my daily driver so I'm not looking to do it tomorrow. I don't really know anyone on here who would weld it up.

The issue with the d35 is its open running 3.07 gears. I plan on lifting it 3" and adding 35's. The combination of those gears and tire size I wouldn't be able to drive it. I think since I can't find anyone to weld the brackets on a junk yard 8.8 I might park it till I get the cash to buy a ecgs 8.8.