Posts by Kitch

Thanks guys.changed everything today with my son with no extra parts,bled the brakes with the help of wifey and all is good! Also got a call from my daughter during the process her car was acting up with the check engine light on. Quick stop at autozone for a scan and$120 later we changed the mass flow air sensor and we are back in business :tup: :tup: . Hopefully that's it for a while, now just gotta chase down my death wobble. Hard parts done already changed the upper and lower ball joints, now on to the rest. Wish me luck.

Black Betty blew a rear wheel brake cylinder tonight while driving home. Gonna change it tomorrow, but the brake shoes have fluid on them, with a lot of pad left. Should I change the shoes also or just the cylinder? The interweb is giving conflicting stories. Just wanted to get an opinion from a group I trust.
    Thanks
    Ron :wavey:

He plans D black steelies 32"BFG A/T KO's. We need to put a track bar relocation bracket. With the stock track bar in place, it allows the passenger side coil spring to shift some and hit the bump stop.

Hmm... I guess it could be that the rear axle pinion angle is higher than usual because of no weight, which would put more pressure into the driveshaft and push the transfercase up... interesting. At any rate, you should be able to use a prybar to force the crossmember down enough to slip in the spacers.

Gotta be the problem because the crossmember is sitting on the tool bench,so getting the spacers in is not a problem. Wanted to make sure we weren't missing something. Thank you for the input :wavey:

It didn't move period. Is the fact that it's on a lift and not on the ground the reason for no "drop"? Should that be the last thing we do after we get the 4-1/2 rough country installed? Sorry if that's a dumb question but it's our first lift :wavey:

Good evening. Son took my 04 tj 4.0 5 speed out to Bowers beach today, limped it home cause he was having trouble shifting. It now makes a horrible whirring sound when it's in gear and wants to move while the clutch is depressed. Shut it off and I can shift through all the gears without depressing the clutch pedal (is that normal) ,also goes into gear when it's off, when I start the jeep and start to release the pedal it starts screaming at me again. Gonna look at it during the day light but any insight would be greatly appreciated. :wavey:
    TIA
    Ron.

Changed the slave cylinder on my brother 96 xj and all was good. Now 2 weeks later it's starting to creep forward while in gear again. Any ideas where to look next? Defective part, bleed system again? Any and all advice is appreciated :wavey:
    Thanks
    Ron