Posts by brihvac

Once I get them out I will give it a try with the hammer. I actually saw a YouTube video where guy filed the inside some and it pretty much slid right in. If the hammer does not work I will get a ball joint installer from Harbor Freight.
    Couple questions:
    Why do people buy adjustable control arms?
    I have a 2" or 2.5" spacer lift, Stock control arms ok?
    Do I need an alignment after the install?
    Does Quadratec offer any Black Friday discounts on orders?

Great. I have a lift at my house. Definitely gonna get the new control arms but was afraid of the 2 on top of the housing. Hmmm, maybe I'll wait till the banging gets worse. Lol

How much of a bitch is it to do front control arm bushings on a 97 TJ? I have watched some You Tube videos and I see all different kinds of ways to do it from torches to chisels. From what I see the ones on the axle are the hardest.

I think Steve summed it all up in his post. Never saw anyone be disrespectful here and the members help each other out whenever or however they can. As far as the facebook gig this club had this forum way before facebook and most Q and A is done here not on the facebook page probably out of nothing more than habit. If it were the other way around such as SDJC which was practically built through FB we would probably be much more active on FB as they are. If you have an issue whatever it may be post it up, if you don't want to go public than send the BOD a message I'm sure you'll get a timely response. As far as wrenching parties can present serious issues that I wont go into now but feel free to pm me if you really want my opinion on this subject.
    Anyway glad to see Jerry helped you out, he is a walking book of knowledge

I think more of an issue was because I was new and it was looked at by the gool ol boys club as "look at this guy" <<My opinion of course. There were a few Pm's and I am surprised I was not reported for my responses to them. I am pretty thick skinned but I do not tolerate bully's so I nip it in the bud when I feel it starts to happen like in the pm's. I'm over it. All is good now. Just wanted to share my opinion to the OP why I think the forum has gone stale. Would be interested in your opinion on wrenching parties but I can not find where I sent a PM now. LOL

I'm going to be honest and I am sure I am not going to make many friends saying this. When I first came to this site I was looking for a Jeep and was asking for help in selecting one and even went so far as to ask if anyone would go with me to look at one because I did not know what I was looking at. I got about 2 people that were willing to give advice and the one that stood up and helped me the most was Jerry. He even came to my house when I got one and we went over a bunch of stuff. NOW the rest of the people who responded to me were down right cranky and nasty saying that I had some nerve asking for someone to go with me and did I expect people to just drop what they are doing and come to help me. Well, no I don't; I would have worked around their schedule. If I wanna hear a bunch of crap I can talk to my wife. I stopped posting here.

I joined Southern Delaware Jeep Club who welcomed me with open arms. Everyone helps everyone out. They get club discounts everywhere. If you post a question to their Facebook page there is multiple responses within minutes. They have wrenching parties where everyone gets together to work on a member, or multiple members Jeeps. I am looking forward to participating in a wrenching party to learn more about Jeeps and I have offered my garage and lift to members if they need it. People helping people. Everybody is friendly and everyone respects each other.

My 2 cents

He just lowered the price from $6500 to $5800. He has another one thats nicer than that for sale. In the one picture you can see it in front of the red one

I live down the street and drove by and didn't see anything out. Although last thing I need is more junk. I need to get rid of stuff myself.

I have a hitch on the top of my bumper on my TJ. Bought it used from a forum member for cheap.
    I bought a cargo rack from Harbor Freight (http://www.harborfreight.com/5…-cargo-carrier-66983.html) and just bolted some PVC pipe to it to hold my rods.

Got a picture of the rod holders mounted to the rack? I bought the same rack in aluminum for the rear of the Jeep. I don't want to put a full rack on the front because I think its gonna block too much of my radiator with the cooler,etc. I can just mount the rods behind the jeep as well.

Can you take a picture of the set up on the TJ? You said its a hitch mount, is it that the hitch that mounts on top of the bumper? Thats the only one I see for the TJ online,
    Where are you finding the rod holders online for $75? I have scoured the internet and Quadratec is the cheapest around that I have found.

Thats what I was originally thinking but I can see the tie dry rotting and the plate flying off on the road somewhere. I have seen the identical rack with tabs welded on for mounting the plate but have yet to see them for sale anywhere.

I was gonna order this from Quadratec and mount it to the bumper http://www.quadratec.com/products/92038_XXXX_PG.htm
    but it has no tabs to mount a surf plate and where I will be mounting it will be right where the plate would go. I was then thinking of mounting a rod holder right to the bumper itself. However I am not sure I can do this because I think I need a long rod holder to support a surf rod and that wont fit on the bumper. Only other option is to mount some kind of rod holder to my rear receiver rack that will support a long rod. Any suggestions or pictures of what you guys got. I think I am going to Jeep Week in OC so I am hoping to get some ideas if I go.