Posts by michwags19

I'm going to make a suggestion as I did all of this for my sister 2 years ago on her JKU. Its street driven and the 4wd will be used in snow and her back yard for the most part. She wanted the look so I had her get the 2 inch zone offroad spacer kit without shocks, cost $130 and took me about an hour to put it in by myself in the driveway. She spent a chunk of money on some black aluminum wheels and nice Cooper mud tires (33's). It looks great and still rides decent.

On a JKU, a 3 inch lift will give you enough room to run 35's, but your gearing won't be happy. She only jumped up an inch or so in tire size and has the automatic so shes still happy with how it moves.

did she get the cooper stt pro tires? they are one of the 4 i'm looking at.

Cooper STT pro
    Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ
    MT Deegan 38
    Dick Cepek Extreme Country

thoughts on these?

now the decision is tires.....on the table....
    MT deegan 38
    MT ATZ and MTZ (now not even sure if the muds will be too loud or not)
    Cooper discoverer att pro
    Dick Cepek Fun country or extreme country
    Fuel gripper m/t

anyone with any of these? how is road noise? anyone willing to let a guy hear them in person?

I don't love the look of a JKU with 33s and no lift. Looks a little like the tires are stuffed into the wheel wells. I don't have the smaller stock tires so I think you are right about how noticeable the change will be.

Thanks guys for the advice and input. The jeep world and culture is so inviting helpful. That has made some of these decisions easier.

2012 JKU, all stock, 3.21 gears

so after much debate here is where I am with my daily driver.....

adding duratrac 33s, 17" fuel vapor wheels, and 2.5 teraflex lift w/springs (was going rough country but read too many bad reviews).

anyone around the MOT/Smyrna area running anything close to this? want to see one in person and maybe test drive to see how the 3.21 runs with 33s.

I know the look i'm going for with my 2012 JKU but don't know how to get there. I'm new to all this and not mechanically inclined at all. Through other forums I think i want a teraflex leveling kit, 33s or 35s, maybe duratracs, and some new wheels. currently it is stock with 3.21 gearing. it is my daily driver and transports kids around. i want a wider stance and a little more vertical room for beefier tires. is there a local dealer/shop you trust where i can go (i'm in the MOT/Smyrna area) to get some help with the selection/sizing as well as install? also, is there anywhere i can go to look at some jeeps with leveling kits and 33/35s? i'd love to see some examples up close. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks.