Posts by XJfisher09

Right that idea was in my thoughts as well. Haven't lived in this state long and where I did live the state made it a real pain in the butt to buy cars out of state and get them registered in the state I lived in. Do you happen to know how easy or how much pain that is to do in Delaware by any chance. Thank you

Hello I am currently looking to purchase a jeep XJ if anyone has one for sale or maybe knows someone who has one or just knows one that is for sell it would really be of great help to have some of you guys help me out with that information. Looking for something that has little to no rust, mileage is not a huge concern for me as long as there was a good and decent upkeep of the jeep. would like to find a stock 4x4 but even a 2wd would be fine. I have no problem doing a 2wd to 4x4 conversion. Thank you guys in advance and I hope that you'll are having a great start to your weekend.

Hello everyone hope everyone is having a great day. I just wanted to get your guys input on what platform has everyone had most success in terms of finding a good shape and decently priced jeep XJ. It seems with each passing year non rust or little rust XJ's are getting more and more expensive which is to be expected. I am currently looking for a decent shaped one with little to no rust and just wondering where you guys have had most success at finding them. Such as craigslist or Facebook marketplace? And what do you guys think is a good fair price for both parties for a good example with no to little rust with anywhere from 100,000 to 200,000 miles? Of course that being stock and 4x4 ? I would consider buying a 2wd and doing the conversion to 4x4 if I find find a good example and do you'll see a 2wd being less desirable there for cheaper to buy? Thanks for your guys inputs just though I would ask and see what others think or if anyone has recently purchased a nice jeep XJ what they paid for it and where they found it if they don't mind sharing. Thought it would be a fun and intersecting little discussion to have. Once again guys thank you and I hope all of you are having a great day and having a great weekend so far.

I did see one in little creek for $800 stated good mech shape no check engine lights believe it was a 96. I will stop by tomorrow on my way to work and see if it is still there

Alright. Managed to find and fix the vacuum leak. Did not have time to drive it afterwards could that be way the engine light was n? The more I hear about the leaf springs the more I think that's not causing it bit do need to be replaced. The vibration feels like it is coming from the center underneath. Leading me to think it might be the drive shaft u joints. Now would a bad u joint or both cause any transmission problems if so i will replace both and see if that is the cause for both. The airbag light from what have researched could the clock spring even if the horn and cruise work, ordered that an hour ago. So please someone tell me a bad u joint or both can cause transmission or seem to be a transmission issues. Because when it starts to act up shifting you can hear and tell its not when it is supposed to even be shifting. Also it seems like it isn't the transmission at all. If bad u joint can cause that somehow the problems have got to be that

Didn't have time to check everything and I bet I forgot to mention the check engine light on too. But since the battary was disconnected over night I have not had a shifting issue yet. I do however get vibrations underneath still when heavy on gas I bet it has to do with the leaf springs being shot. Went to quadtetrac and noticed they have reg, mid, and heavy duty leaf springs avaible what is the difference in ride if any?

I want to thank everybody for their input. Tonight after work i will go through every suggestion and check. Hopefully I can narrow it down and maybe post an update tomorrow. Hopefully there are some patient members that can continue to help me track my problems down. I did do some research online and found out that just disconnecting might not have fully reset the computer. I have found several forums that state to disconnect both positive and negative ground one to the other for 30 seconds place back on the battery and then turn the key to acc. Last turn the lights on and then off and the jeep off. Does anyone know if and how this would be any different then letting it just sit disconnected for 24 hours. As far as the whistle i will check for leaks. The jeep is not lifted but i know that my leaf springs are almost if not completely shot. Will check to see if the vibrations from underneath are caused by that issue. Will clean the intake hose and throttle body and replace the TPS. WILLYN sounds like the vacuum leak might be the cause for the two problems i will get back to you and let you know. I dont think the airbag is caused by a bad clock spring due to the fact that the cruise control and horn on the same module and they are both functioning just right. ASTAPE due to it being a full electronic is it possible having to due with a vacuum leak causing the shift problems as WILLYN brought up. I want to really thank everyone again and please keep working with me.

Hello I hope someone can help or at least steer me on the right track. I am the owner of a 2000 sport xj. The airbag light has been on since I bought it. I have a very high pitch whistle from under the hood. Does this when I have my foot on the gas and stops when I let go and the other way as well when my foot is not on the gas and stops when I do give gas. Under heavy acceleration I get a vibration from underneath and when it wants to shift it doesn't instead the rpm bounce until I back off. No other times do I have any problem with the transmission. And last the other night when turning off the jeep and leaving the key In acc "no bus" showed on the odometer. Spoke to a fellow jeeper told me it was the computer and to leave the battery disconnected for 24 hours. I tried that and that did not solve any of the issues but I did notice it took 10-15 mins for the vibrations and the whistle to appear again when normally it takes several mins. Please any ideas or input would be helpful.

Hello I have purchased my first jeep about 6 months ago. 2000 XJ sport. I have learned alot and just finished rebuilding the front end. All new suspension in the front end. I am huge surf fisher and plan to use my jeep mostly for beach driving. I plan in the future doing a lift but since everything under the front end was shot I decided to replace it all first. Looking forward to trials hopefully there at some trail for stock height xjs.