Posts by fyrestiks

Yes, did an alignment. Put the lift on about six months ago. Checked everything and all is tight. I did the control arms on a lift, but have checked them a few times to make sure they are tight. I have not rotated tires, but will try that. The wobble is really bad.

Here is the issue. I have a 2004 TJ Rubicon with a 2.5 suspension lift and a 1 inch body lift. I still have the OEM size tires and wheels on the jeep. The tires are an all season tire with tread still on them. I put on a RC steering stabilizer along with new control arms, track bar, coil springs, and tie rod. I also put on new wheel and axle bearings. Checked all parts and everything is tight. When I get to 55mph, the front end shakes like crazy and feels like the front end is going to come apart, not that it will, just seems like it. I have to back down the speed in order to get the wobble to stop.
    I have no idea what is wrong. Could it be the axle, steering column, steering box, pit man arm?
    Any feed back will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for the input. So, sounds like I need to stick with 33's, which is fine by me. Just still unsure about the 33X10.5 or 33X12.5
    I am definitely going with 15X8 inch wheel, still undecided about backspacing. I will be keeping the original tires and wheels, which are the stock that came with the jeep. I do like the look of the wider tire, but also want to make sure still have a good ride.

Also, of these tires, which would be the better choice? Goodyear Duaratecs, BFG, or Mickey Thompson All Terrain tires.I do like the look of the Mickey Thompson, but the better tire is more important than looks.

Thank you

Not sure if I am in the right thread, but have a question. Looking into purchasing new tires and rims. I have a 2004 TJ Rubicon with a 3.5inch BL and 1inch SL.
    I am looking at Goodyear Duaratecs, BFG, and Mickey Thompson All Terrain tires. It is a daily driver and 90% pavement driving and some beach in summer.
    My question is should I go with 33X12.50r15, 35X12.50r15, or 33X10.50r15. I have stock fenders.
    Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I really do not want to put different gears in and trying to get something that will not rub.

Thanks everyone on all of the input on my LED issue.

I will work on them this weekend and post the outcome.

Thanks,

I did do that and the front turn signals worked fine, so put LED side marker's back in and same problem, so has to do with the side markers.

Any suggestions. I would like to keep the LED side markers if possible. Does it have something to do with the floating ground or no ground to the side markers?

Do I need resistors on side markers and front turn signals?

Thanks

Thanks will check that as well. This is the strangest thing. LOL

Works fine when headlights are off, but as soon was I turn on parking lights or headlights they just light up no flash, the side markers do nothing except when lights are off, then they flash just fine.

Thanks,

I was planning on trying what you mentioned tomorrow about process of elimination.

Will post the outcome tomorrow.

Thanks again

When headlights are off, all turn signals work fine. As well as hazards.

When I turn the driving lights on, tail lights work fine, front turn signals are lite, but do not flash and side marker lights do not light up at all or flash. Same thing happens when I turn on the headlights.
    Also, only tail light hazards flash when driving lights are on as well as headlights.

I do not know where to go from here. I am not sure if the resistors will make a difference. I guess it is worth a shot.
    Have not purchased them yet.

Going to try that tomorrow. Did not have much time today to mess with it.

I did however turn the bulbs 180 when I put them in, because at first they did not light up at all until I turned them.

Yea, and my tail light LED's look just like those in the picture.

I will keep you posted as to what I find when try the things you mentioned.

Thanks

I had LED's in all of the exterior lights with a LED flasher from NAPA and they barley light up. I had a friend behind me one night and he asked if I was using my turn signals, which I was and he said could not hardly see them working.

I ordered Rear LED tail lights form Quadratec, and was waiting on them while I had the LED's in. A new LED flasher came with the LED tail lights and switched out the one from NAPA and installed the one from Quadratec. Like I said, everything works fine, all are bright, much better than the NAPA LED flasher, which barley even worked.

Just really strange how when I turn on the headlights, the front turn signal and side markers do not flash.
    I am going to try the load resistors on front and will keep you posted.

Thanks for the response

Hello,

I have a 2004 wrangler TJ and installed rear LED tailight/turnsignal lights, not just the bulbs, but the whole housing.
    I then replaced my front turn signal and side marker OEM bulbs with LED's.

My issue is, when my headlights are off everything works fine, no hyper flashing, just the normal flashing.
    Now when I turn my headlights on, my taillight turn signals work fine, but front turn signals and side markers do not flash at all. They are lite like normal, but no flashing.
    I put a LED flasher in, but did not rectify the problem.

Do I need LED load resistors for front turn signals and side marker lights?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The Bolts went in fairly easily on rear control arms and trackbar, a little more work on front, but got them in. No I did not install a transfer case skid plate drop kit, did not think I would need one. Would that be something I should put on? Also, I am trying to figure out the best way to get rear axle perfectly centered. It is off about an inch. What do you recommend to get axle centered? I am new at all of this, so it is a learning experience for me.

It is a Rough Country 2.5" suspension lift with new springs, shocks, adjustable upper/lower control arms, adjustable front and rear track bars, and quick disconnect sway bar links. Premium N2.0 Series shocks, and rear track bar drop bracket.

Hello all,

I installed a 2.5" suspension lift this past weekend on my 2004 TJ Rubicon, and noticed the rear driver side is higher than the passenger rear side. About an inch and a half. Not really sure what I did wrong or what needs to be adjusted. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks to all who gave me congrats on the 2004 Rubi, and to those who said I would miss it, yes I do, however, it was time to get something newer. I like Cj's a lot, but I have been looking for a mid 2000's Rubicon for a while and when the opportunity presented itself, I took it. LOL
    Anyway, thanks again from all of the responses.