Silver colored gear oil after inner axle seal replacement

• Back again with this issue. We took it apart today, and it's definitely the carrier bearings on the passenger side of the Jeep. I'm going to go ahead and replace both sides. We're also going to replace the u-joints on both axle shafts and check to see if the passenger shaft is running true. We think it may not be which caused the premature wearing of the bearing and seal on that side of the Jeep.

I'm trying to figure out the correct Timken part numbers before I buy them. I think it's:

LM501349 for each bearing
    LM501314 for each race

Does anyone know if that's correct? (HP Dana 30 all stock)

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• Hey, from my mobile phone I don't see a year of the axle (or vehicle). Not sure if it matters, but I think it would behoove you to specify.

It's a HP30 non-disconnect...

And I don't think it matters. I think all of the carrier gear bearings are the same across the dana 30s.

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!