God %@&# BUSHINGS

• Ok so I tear into my original shackles to put some HD shackles on since one of mine was twisted. So I FINALLY get the old rear shackles off and tap out the bottom bushing sleeves to put the bigger bolts through. I start on the top and I couldnt get the sleeve to budge. Beat on it with a BFH for a while and nothing. so I figure that the bushing is toast anyway and decide to replace it. No i cant even get the bushing to budge. Ive beat on it with the same BFH, drilled holes in it to give it some play (which I ended up breaking my drill bit). I dont know what to do now, How do I get the old bushings out?

• In my best finding nemo voice...keep on drilling drilling drilling jsut keep drilling.... really man thats about it you can try burning it out but it smells real bad and I have never had any luck with it...

• Put it in the vice and spray a little lube in it. Beat it out, best if you have something round and a tad smaller than the bushing to beat through it. That's how I got them out. Putting bushings in is a mess too.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!