What's next

• Ok, I'm about 6 months from getting another vehicle to use as my daily driver. So that means it's time to get the Jeep trail ready. So far, most of what I've done has been to make it look good. Here's what's been done.

2" OME coil lift w/shocks
    Smittybilt Front bumper, rear bumper, nerf bars
    Delta replacement headlamps
    2 sets of PIAA lights on front bumper
    Mean Green Alternator
    bushwacher fender flares
    33x12.50 Goodyear MTRs
    15x10 DC-1 rims
    AEM intake and throttle body spacer
    lot's of stereo stuff

I know I need skids but which ones are most useful? I've seen some rumblings on other sites about needing body spacers for certain skids or something. Which one's are just bolt on?

I also need to get a little more tire clearance for off-roading and am thinking about adding a 2" BB. Does anyone know if I'll need new shocks or will the OME ones that came with the springs be fine?

• I'm gonna say the same thing that I've said in the other thread.

What do you want to do with it? What kind of trails??

I'd say the most useful skids for you are gonna be an oil pan / engine skid. You can't drive without your engine. I still recomend the skid row.

Your new shocks with the 2in bb with it might be hyperextended.... Omaha had the same thing for a little while before he put on his new lift. I'm not sure what kind of things he had. I would recomened that you replace your shocks for the best benefits.

• x2 on the skid row engine skid.......have it on mine....with the same lift and tires.....if i didnt have it i would have crushed my oil pan this weekend....also if your going to do the 2" bb on top of the ome lift, you will need new shocks, adj front and rear track bar, possibly an sye and driveshaft and some other things.........with my lift and tires, i can do a black trail with proper spoting but blue trails confortably.....

• x2 on the skid row engine skid.......have it on mine....with the same lift and tires.....if i didnt have it i would have crushed my oil pan this weekend....also if your going to do the 2" bb on top of the ome lift, you will need new shocks, adj front and rear track bar, possibly an sye and driveshaft and some other things.........with my lift and tires, i can do a black trail with proper spoting but blue trails confortably.....

have you done a black trail at paragon yet? I feel there is a difference between blues and blacks at RC and PAP. PAPs are MUCH harder.

• as far as the shocks go, I have Omaha's old shocks and coils combined with a 2" bb and they wheeled fine. I have the longer wheel base (unlimited) so that changes some of the geometry as far as transfer case drops and what not go, but they really ran fine. right now I'm on 33" tires with 2.5" coil lift, 2" bb and 1" body lift.

you will need a track bar relocator bracket for the rear and either drill a hole or get an adjustable track bar for the front.

start skiddin' like a chili eating contestant!

Sean

• no i have not dont a black and paragon but at rc..........i was just throughing out an example..........i know it all depends on what you want to wheel.......personally i would get the re 4.5" kit with 3.5" springs, do a 1.25" body, wheel with the 33's.....if you feel that you want to go bigger and a bb lift to the springs with new shocks......before i do all that though i would defenetly skid the underside.....best investments by far and saved my but on Sunday up at rc

• josh i am gonna have to disagree with you on the differnce in trail difficulty they are pretty much the same. i did talk to lynn and she has rated some blues a little higher because they are more diffuclt but if i had to compare the two they are about the same trail 5 and RC and Drumstick at PAP are about the same imho. but everyone is entited to there opinion, and neither of us are really wrong just what we think, i just think in my opinion pap has a bigger name, but RC has some harder trails.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• josh i am gonna have to disagree with you on the differnce in trail difficulty they are pretty much the same. i did talk to lynn and she has rated some blues a little higher because they are more diffuclt but if i had to compare the two they are about the same trail 5 and RC and Drumstick at PAP are about the same imho. but everyone is entited to there opinion, and neither of us are really wrong just what we think, i just think in my opinion pap has a bigger name, but RC has some harder trails.

I agree, both opinions. I just find it weird that I can wheel a black at RC, and have trouble at PAP. I think sometimes RC makes the higher blues into blacks.....

It really depends on the trail. I'd like to go back this wed and try the trail 5. I still like RC better than PAP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!