Sorry - But I have a few more questions

• Sorry for being all over the place but I'm trying to get information to make a decision between Lift/gears/stuff or increasing power (supercharger)/stuff. Hopefully, I'll do both eventually but it comes down to $$ as to what I do now. I do appreciate all your patience and feedback. It really helps and I truely believe this is one of the few places I can get honest information.

SYE and Driveshaft

If I'm going to do a 3.5 or 4.5 inch lift on an 04 saraha w/ 4.0 auto transmission what SYE / Drive shaft would work the best that application? When I look online there a bunch of drive shaft options stating they are for 2" - 6" of lift etc. Does somebody make one that's a little more exact or don't I need to worry about it? Also, which brands are top of the line from a durability perspective. As for the SYE, same question about brand plus does anyone know the manufacturer number for the auto trannys they put in saraha's in 04? I have no idea which one's even match up to my rig. thanks.

Lift
    looks like my connection for a deal on a Currie lift may be full of "S". I know Rubicon Express is well respected with this group but what else should I look at? How does Tereflex, Fabtech or BDS rank?

• Jeep np208 then measure the length for the shaft you need and have ax XJ shaft cut down

That is what I did anyway :innocent:

Serious you can run front wheel drive while waiting for the shaft. put in the SYE then measure the length you need.

• go through dave at northridge4x4 and tell him what lift your getting and he will send you a cv shaft from coast driveline that will work.... i paid $475 total shipped wtih the AA sye kit....i ordered a sye/cv for my RE 3.5" kit and he sent me a cv shaft that works perfectly...i then added a jeep medic tummy tuck that lifted the tcase 2" more and its still good to go with plenty left to play with, just have to adjust the rear pinion angle by way of rear upper adjustable control arms...it has a slip shaft that accomodates for more suspension lift. good quality stuff and has a 1 year unconditional warranty...just my .02 :peace:

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• You can have your existing driveline redone for a fraction of the cost. Of course it wont be as strong, but if you regear, you wont be putting much extra torque on the shaft. In general, if you dont re-gear, your are putting much more force on the upper drive train. Re-gearing puts the tourque back in the axle where it belongs. Thats why som many people snap drive shafts.

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!