safari tops

• Getting ready to order a safari top (bikini top that covers back seat too) for my 04 TJ. I'm thinking the best top one + required header channel.

Question - Anyone recommend another make over best top? Also, The header channel says no drilling but also says it must be removing before putting up factory soft top. Is that true? How easy is it to take the header channel off/on?

• The header channel I have for my 98TJ clips into the same slots that the soft top brackets clip into on the inside of the windsheild frame at the top and then you tighten down two bolts.

98 TJ 5.9L, RE 4.5 SF, 35s, 4XDoctor Rocker Guards, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS
    2012 JKU 3" lift 35s

• Yes you have to take the header off. It works just like JBates said. I think bestop is your best bet for the safari top. I like mine. It does let a little water in and you will need the duster cover if you want to drive in rain. I'd suggest the windjammer too b/c the mist will get on the windshield and you'll have to constantly wipe it. JMO. :up:

• That's what I needed to know - - - just trying to keep the sun out, I'll be putting the full soft top up in the rain. I usually haul the kids around and they get cranky when wet (or the wife gets cranky when they get wet)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!