Rausch Creek - October 23/24

• DeJA's next scheduled trail ride is a two day event at Rausch Creek Off-Road Park. We will have trail rides on both Saturday and Sunday. Trail levels will depend on how many people come out and what level trails they want to do.

Primitive camping is available on the park's grounds, there's room for mobile home parking, and there are some hotels nearby. I usually stay at the Comfort Inn in Pine Grove PA, about 7 miles down I-81. Send me a PM if you want discount rate information for the Comfort Inn.

Please post here and on the calendar if you are coming. Indicate which days you want to ride and what trail difficulty you want; and if you are camping or hoteling and which nights.

I will most likely be going up Friday night (with a stopover in Quakertown) and staying at the Comfort Inn. If there is a group coming up on Saturday morning, we will need a group leader to get everyone up in one piece - please post if you can volunteer for this. I can provide details directions from northern Delaware to Rausch Creek if needed.

Most likely I will be heading out of the park after lunch on Sunday, I need to be back home by about 5:30.

About food: It always works out well if someone can volunteer to coordinate food for the group for Saturday night. Past volunteers have included Chris Klee, Gavan Young, and Nikki Sample -- those were great meals folks. We would all chip in for the cost, but the volunteer would coordinate the purchasing and cooking. If we don't get a volunteer, it will be everyone for himself. Please post here if you can volunteer.

With or without dinner, maybe we can organize a campfire for Saturday night. If you have some spare firewood at home, please bring it along.

Anything else, please post here.

Thanks,
    Andrew

• I would like to run blues Saturday and Sunday. I'll be camping Friday and Saturday nights. :peace:

I'm not a cook so that's out of the question. :folded:

Camp/ Bond fire I can handle. :ghostly:

• Looks like no volunteers to coordinate food, so it will be everyone for himself...

Who else is coming?

• I'll be coming up Saturday morning. Probably taking the back way up (41-30-272-81). Then camping at the Comfort Inn Saturday night and wheeling both days.

-Chris

• My wife and I will be camping fri. and sat. we are taking her tj to do stock trails because I am having surgery friday morning and wont be able to drive. I think Ian (clendaniel) is going with us as well. If there are not enough stock riders, I guess we wont be going.

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• Quote from "prm99v6"

My wife and I will be camping fri. and sat. we are taking her tj to do stock trails because I am having surgery friday morning and wont be able to drive. I think Ian (clendaniel) is going with us as well. If there are not enough stock riders, I guess we wont be going.

I'll be there...if Paul and Abbey aren't gonna be there I'll be camping in the concrete tent, otherwise they conned me into roughing it. :shrug:

--Ian

• Anyone going up Saturday or Sunday AM just for the day? This is my weekend between classes, I could handle a day in the woods. (greens and blues)

Drj

• Quote from "prm99v6"

My wife and I will be camping fri. and sat. we are taking her tj to do stock trails because I am having surgery friday morning and wont be able to drive. I think Ian (clendaniel) is going with us as well. If there are not enough stock riders, I guess we wont be going.

I just talked to Paul...he and his wife are coming regardless. If there aren't enough stockers Sat they want to ride as passengers and then go on the open ride Sunday. I've got a seat available for one of them...anyone else in attendance going to have a right seat available if needed??

--Ian

• I'll have a right seat available. I'll be wheeling all day Saturday but only 1/2 day on Sunday. Maybe a few of us can do stocker trails in the AM then Paul + wife can move into passenger seats.

• Hey anyone going up for just one day? I'd like to camp, but I think I can only swing one day because of classes. Either sat or sun or fine with me. I want to go up in the morning and then come back that night. if it comes to it I'll go up fri night and come back sat evening. anyone else doing that?

Salvatore Giglia

• Quote from "BlueJ"

Maybe a few of us can do stocker trails in the AM

Ok, You twisted my arm. I can do stock trails in the AM. :chicken:

• A friend of mine wants to take his ATV to R/C's ATV park, which I think is a separate area, just off the highway. Anyone been there with an ATV? What hotels do you use?

Also...does this mean there are enough people for a green/blue ride on Saturday? Who is going up for the day on SATURDAY?

Thanks!

DrJ

• For those camping on the property Friday night, the gate will be open.

Anyone camping Friday night whose membership has expired, or isn't yet a member, needs to fill out and drop off a membership waiver. There's a toolbox on the left side of the office building with forms, and a mailslot above that to drop off the paperwork. You can set up camp at the Pole Line Camp just down the road from the office. Room there for trucks with trailers, RV's, and lots of tent space. There's a porta-potty there too.

The MX park is just off Exit 107. Make a left off the highway and it's 1/4 mile up the road on the left. There's a few places to stay at Exit 100 (Comfort Inn, etc.). The MX Park is a separate venue, they don't allow trucks and jeeps, and we don't allow quads/bikes. They have a few hundred acres of trails as well as tracks and a food concession.

The office will be open Saturday and Sunday from 8 to 10 for check-in. Any questions let me know.

• We are still going and bringing the boys and camping both nights!!!! Not sure if we are bringing one or two jeeps, but we will be there. Do we have to use the camp site at the pole line??? We prefer Camp C, but we'll go where ever we are told.

See everyone there!!!!!

• well, i tought for a minute i was gonna actually make this one, i wont be able to get my truck back untill tomarrow after work, so i cant go and get the trailer.

so close.

• The Pole Line Camp is becoming more popular than Camp C. The advantages being it's larger, it allows trucks/trailers to park up close to the tent area, there's a porta-potty there, if you need to leave the park, you can come and go as you please by yourself, and there's Jotter's Way right there to provide entertainment for everyone. Oh, and there's plenty of firewood, it's easier for me to get truckloads of firewood there than it is up to Camp C. :up:

• Sounds good, guess we'll see everyone there. We are planning on leaving our house around 3:30 - 4pm tomorrow, so hopefully we'll get there before it gets too dark!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!