YJ Motor Mount Brackets

• The motor mount brackets on the frame that I am prepping for the frame swap are set up for a 4 cylinder engine. I am going to be reusing my 6 cylinder engine. I was going to reuse the 6 cylinder mounts that are currently being used. But after some preliminary investigations, they look about as poor as the rest of the frame. Are the 4 cyl and 6 cyl mounts truly the same? Or do I have to get different brackets? It's kind of difficult to tell when looking from the bottom up. Is there a bolt on bracket option available? Considering I don't own a welder and have zero welding skills, this would be a preferred option for me. However, if I have no choice but to go the welding route, I'll have to start soliciting assistance... :innocent: :help:

TIA

• I reused my 4 banger brackets when I Did my 4.0 swap

I cut off the old brackets by grinding through the welds
    We used the tranny skid plate to get good rear location then attached the motor mounts to the block
    then we lowered the motor in to place allowing the mounts to find their own place to rest.
    We then tack welded them and removed the motor to complete the weld.

It seems we meed to modify the passenger side bracket because the 4 banger uses a spacer between the mounts

Other than that the front of the motor was about 1" higher. like a motor mount lift.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!