catalytic converter disposal

• is there any special procedures i need to follow when disposing of a catalytic converter?? what about the rest of the exhaust pipe/muffler would it be something i could drop off at a recycle center?? not looking for money..just dont want to throw it out and have it sit in a landfill if it can be recycled.

• Trust me those things wouldn't sit in a landfill for very long. We have a guy that comes around once a month and buys them from us for really good prices. I would take it to a scrap yard and you can probably get like $50 for it. They should take the rest of the exhaust too.

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

• you have the newark recycling center on albe drive off of old baltimore pike... its a metal scrap yard, i take stuff there all the time for work.

95&#039; YJ stock springs. SOA ,8.8 w/disks and 35&#039;s<br />DD 2008 Grand Cherokee

• yeah cat converters are worth money im pretty sure. ive herd of people cutting them off cars and such to cash them in? so maybe you can get some change :shrug:

• i need a cat for my jeep if its stil good i'll take it off your hands....

2003 TJ 4.0L, hardtop, Artec Trussed 8.8, 5.5 long arm currie joints, sye Tatton shaft, 35&quot; km2s, barnes 4x4 belly up skid, 11,000lb qtec winch AtoZ fab bumper and lots of rustys stuff

• Yup, a platinum/Palladium blend. whether or not they're a two way or three way cat adds the possibility of cesium and rhodium

• i need a cat for my jeep if its stil good i'll take it off your hands....

its got over 200,000 miles on it and pretty rusty..im pretty sure its seen its lifetime.

ill call around..thanks for the info.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!