Disc brakes and Rim sizes

• I may be over thinking things a bit but trying to plan for the future. Looking to buy new rims/tires in the next few months and possibly do a rear disc brake conversion sometime after. May get a whole new rear axle or just the disc conversion kit, it depends on how my D35 holds up. Will 15 inch rims fit over the rear discs in the conversion kits or do I need something larger? I'd rather stay with 15" due to $$$ of tires and rims but don't want to end up screwed later.

I'm thinking the answer is that you have options with the disc sizes but, like with most things, bigger is better ;D. Anyone ever upgrade the rear discs staying with 15 inch rims? Was the benefit strong enough to cost justify??? Obviously, I don't know much about brakes and stopping power other than discs are better than drums and how to change a set of pads/shoes....................................any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

• I just put rear disc brakes on a cherokee D35

I used the mounting plates and everything from a 96 zj and my 15''rims fit just fine.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!