OME kit...light or heavy?

• So finally getting off my butt and lifting the ride. I've had the JKS 1.25 body lift and MML sitting in my kitchen for a couple months now which should be going in the weekend after next...next step is the suspension and I think I'm pretty confident I'm going with the OME kit.

Question is light or heavy duty? Right now I don't have any plans of doing a winch or any heavy towing but I was contemplating going with the heavy kit just in case I do further down the road (slim but possible). Is the ride quality of the heavy significantly different than the light? Any reason to not get the heavy duty just in case?

• I put the heavy load lift on my tj about a year and a half ago and I love the ride. The height ended up a little over 3 inches. Run 33x12.50's with no rub at all. The body lift will give u that extra you'll want for the trail.

I'll be selling mine on here in a month or two for like $300 once I get my new lift in and installed.

• I bought the heavy kit myself and do not have any heavy options just thought if I needed it later I would have it.
    You will be happy with the OME lift. I have not noticed any bad side affects by running the heavy springs without heavy accessory's. I would go with the heavy springs again. Great lift but pricey.

• heavy here also. with a jks b/l

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• looks like you're getting old man emu heavy springs ... good choice :)

do you have tires picked out yet?

Yeah, OME has been a definite for a while now just couldn't decide which one. Seems there's no real disadvantage to running the heavy duty and the price is the same so that's the winner.

No decision yet on tires/wheels. Probably just going with basic black steel wheels, no spinners on the jeep. :) Tires are definitely up in the air, looking for all terrain since I still run it on pavement a lot and it will be my dd for anywhere from a month to 6 or 7 months after I trade in the TL before I get another car. Looking for a good balance between on/off road performance and don't want to go crazy wide.

• i wonder if you would get a little extra height out of the heavy ones

might but you will definatley stay at 2.5in for a good while while the lightweight springs will wear out quicker

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!