AEV Highline Body Kit

• Anyone have this installed on their TJ? what are the opinions on it, im considering this as my next mod along with a 6" LA kit.

• Maybe a few on here if any @ all .
    You realize the purpose of the highline kit is to run bigger tires with less lift right ?
    So a 6" longarm is a bit over board with the H/L kit .
    What size tires do you plan to run ?
    Also by the time you are done with it you will have prob just over $5K in parts .
    Which long arm kit are you looking at ?

Keep us posted if your are serious :up:

Edited ;
    Maybe Meeper has installed one :shrug:

• no i havent but they are easy, just a hood and two fenders...

it would deff be poinless to run a 6in long arm, shoot 6in long arm and you can fit 40s, the highline is designed so with a 2.5" you can run 35s and 3.5", 37s, thats without a body lift too! I would love to have one but they are still too much ven for employees, your not looking at 5k just 2k plus paint work.

• your not looking at 5k just 2k, plus shipping , plus paint work plus $2k+ for the long arm kit and shipping

Fixed it for you meeper

Anyone have this installed on their TJ? what are the opinions on it, im considering this as my next mod along with a 6" LA kit.

Not to mention if you plan on 37's your stock axles won't be happy .

• I meant to ask for opinions of a 6" LA kit. I am going to do the AEV highline kit with the current lift i have, and run either 35s or 37s. I also have a built Dana 44 with 4.56s on the way. This is in the the near future, running those tires as a DD is not worth it right now, esp with gas prices. Getting back to the LA kit i was looking at the Fabtech 6" LA, or the Rusty's Kit. Not sure on those either. I don't want to do too much being it is my DD.

• Trust me you DO NOT want to run 35's or 37's as a daily driver. Ask anyone here who's done it and now they have another car payment and a different car with a $3-400 garage ornament.

Listen to those who have gone before you. Stick with 33's and be happy or else buy another car as a DD and mod the heck out of the jeep. Then get ready to buy a truck and trailer because you're gonna want that after you go 37's.

Trust me.

Been there done that still wishing I had stuck to 33's. :bang:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• thats what i said. "running those tires as a DD is not worth it right now." by the time i do these mods i will have another vehicle as my DD. im happy with my jeep the way it is now, thats why i haven't changed her since i did my second lift.

• if you are going to run 37's you dont' need a 6" la and the highline kit... you dont' need 6" of lift and regular fenders to run 37's.... as for Long arm choices... rusty's has never been a "quality" lift and fab-tech's customer service is horrible.... try Clayton or Rubicon Express

• i agree with brian, glad i went back to 33s for my DD

the fabtech and rustys lifts are poo poo, if you want to weld go clayton, if not go RE or full traction.....doing the AEV highline now and then going 6" long arm is absolutely pointless. you would have to run 40s to not look like arrss...

edit: oh man as i was typing this turtle said the same as me, wow!!!

• i agree with brian, glad i went back to 33s for my DD

the fabtech and rustys lifts are poo poo, if you want to weld go clayton, if not go RE or full traction.....doing the AEV highline now and then going 6" long arm is absolutely pointless. you would have to run 40s to not look like arrss...

wow a suspension post and youdidnt' mention tera-flex.... :innocent: you can run 40's w/ 6" LA and regular fenders with the high-line fenders I think you could run 44's :laughing:

• wow a suspension post and youdidnt' mention tera-flex.... :innocent: you can run 40's w/ 6" LA and regular fenders with the high-line fenders I think you could run 44's :laughing:

yeah if i did then it would just start another argument.... there is nothing wrong with there long arm you know it....

• turtle, what backspacing do you run with those rear shock mounts? any rubbing at full stuff?

• i agree with brian's statement i sold my TJ due to its tire size(35's)/gear ratio (4.56)and my 60 mile commute...should have stayed with 33's (which i have now on my YJ)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!