anybody running 35's with a d30/35 setup?

• main question is what are my odds of breaking something if was to regear the d30/35 to 4.56 and run 35x12.50's on 15x10's for 95percent highway use? I know the ideal is to upgrade but not ready to put out the money to do it the way I want right now. On the other hand, don't want to spend money on the regear if chances are pretty good I'm going to snap something.

• Depends on your driving style. I ran 31's with a D35 in my ZJ back in the day and quickly became an expert at changing shafts on the trail. At least don't lock it if you go that route.

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

• i have 35s to. i regeared to 4:88s and i have not had a problem yet. at 65mph it runs about 2700rpms. i have the 4 cyl.

• i just lifted and regeared my tj 4.0 with 410 and a detroit locker in the rear also running 35x12.50 15 and it is almost like stock gears

• i have 35's on my YJ d30/d35 and just swapped in axles with 4.10's.. i had wheeled it with 35's and 3.07's last year and did not have any issues with breaking.

like joe said just go easy on the skinny pedal......

i have a 6cyl and 5 speed.

• If you are going to do it. Grab a spare axle shaft, carry 90 weight oil and silicone

take a ziploc bag and catch the gear oil in the diff as you remove the cover bolts slowly then take and do your work then put the ziploc back into the cover and tighten down the bolts as soon as you drive you pop the bag and its good to go the plastic wont hurt or the trail and you wont have to worry about disposal of the oil while on the trail cause we all know you dont leave a oil mess in the woods

• i have no dog in this fight...but why is it that last month everyone and their brother was preaching about how if you wheel a d35 on 33"s you are pushing your luck - and if you even leaned a 35" tire against one it would spontaneously combust??? now this month there are a few threads full of folks preaching about how a d35 is great for 35" tires - even when wheeling! i really can't say one way or another - neither of our jeeps have the d35...but i'm just curious as to where this whole mentality shift came about in only a month or so. :shrug:

• i have no dog in this fight...but why is it that last month everyone and their brother was preaching about how if you wheel a d35 on 33"s you are pushing your luck - and if you even leaned a 35" tire against one it would spontaneously combust??? now this month there are a few threads full of folks preaching about how a d35 is great for 35" tires - even when wheeling! i really can't say one way or another - neither of our jeeps have the d35...but i'm just curious as to where this whole mentality shift came about in only a month or so. :shrug:

i like your style :laughabove:

i know of 2 people that ran 35s with 3.73 combo and never broke and 4.56 with 35s and never broke its all in the right pedal people. you gota know when to lay off it :bang:

• the only thing I can stress about it, is if you run 35's and a dana 35 and you wheel it... carry spare shafts and know how to change them... I always preached the dana 44 with 35's as if someone is asking can it work then they probably also won't know how to change the shafts themselves....I know it is an assumption but from what I have seen it is a damn good one....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!