Wrenching Party

• Ok, have a date set to finaly get everything done. Pat88ramcharger has a place for the work to be done on the 6th of April. We will be putting the lift kit and the body lift (if i dont get it put on this weekend). If any one wants to come and help/laugh at us message Pat88ramcharger for directions and times since he is getting the place for me. It will most likely be around noon time that we start becuase i dont get home from work until about 830 that morning and will have to load the tires and parts into the jeep to get them there. Trying to think of what all we might need to see if we have everything tool wise. I have a tool box in the back of the jeep with most the basic tools, a drill if we need it, going to check into getting some spring tools and i have the stock jack and the hi-light but not sure if they would be good to use when we do the lift kit. Pat, chime in with any other info you that you have.

Mike

• it is a shop that a buddy of mine has. it has air, heat, tons of tools, 2 floor jacks ( I will also bring mine) jack stands (I will also bring a set or 2)

shop is located in Smyrna near the wawa on 13 (paddock rd) very close to the prison.

• ill try to be there

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• going to check into getting some spring tools

The spring compressor can be rented from Pep Boys for a $50 deposit, fully refundable if you return it within 14 days. Otherwise, You can buy one from Pep boys for $50. I've also seen em at Harbor Freight for a little less.

I'd just rent one.

• spring tools are not 100% necessary. we can disconnect the lower control arms and the axle will drop enough to get the springs out/in.

• Well, the Air Force has decided to bend me over again. I am going to be gone for the next 3 weeks. I will see what i can come up with once i get back in town.

Mike

• Yea, sorry about that Pat. Seems like every time i start to get something lined up to get this done something comes up and messes my plans up. im suppose to be back in town on the 18th of april. Once i get home we will try this again.

Mike

• Well, i got back in town yesterday to a big surprise. After being gone for alost 3 weeks the jeep changed. Its not the small kids on the block any more, it has grown up. Thanks Pat, it looks great. Here are some photos of it with just the lift kit on. It will be gaining another inch once the body lift goes on but im happy with the way it siits and rides right now so im not realy in a big hurry to do the body lift.

http://s148.photobucket.com/al…view&current=DSCF1343.jpg
    http://s148.photobucket.com/al…view&current=DSCF1340.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!