Need help with sway bar repair

• I dont know how this happened but I snapped my sway bar links. Anyway, I bought two new links from the dealer and a poly bushing kit from 4wd Hardware. I havent had to work on my TJ yet, just my CJ so I am not sure how this works. The D-shaped bushings are pretty self explanatory. The others I would like to consult you all on. There are two sleeve like bushings that I assume I punch out the ones in the new link bars and replace with these polys (correct?). There are two more bushings that I thought went on top of the link bars but it is a little confusing. At first I thought I took the stock ones off the new link bar and replace them with the ones from the poly kit, but upon further inspection am not sure this is right. For one, the stock bushings on top of the link bars do not look like they are intended to come off. In addition the pieces in the new bushing kit do not look like the ones on top of the links now. In the parts list for the bushing kit it lists the pieces as "Tie Rod Boot". It kind of looks like I just slide these 'boots' over the existing bushings at the top of the link bars. Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!