Pulling My Axle Tonight

• Don't exactly know how to go about doing this or explain this well enough but here goes nothing. The Dana 30 currently shoved underneath of my XJ is bent. I posted a "WTB" recently looking for a replacement but came up with nothing. What's bent exactly is the "C" shaped piece(s) on the end of the axle. I guess it would be considered the spindle or knuckle... whatever. But, tonight I'm going to attempt to pull on them with my frame machine. Heat and them give them a gentle tug. It's bad enough currently that they are shoved against my springs and have caused some unwanted knocking and other awkward noises under the front end. On the alignment machine it's close to four degrees of negative camber on each side. I do know other Xj owners running 35's on the Turdy 30 have experienced these problems but I'm just looking for some knowledge or any information on going about doing this. Anyone try something like this before? And no, offset ball joints are out of the question... Thanks Guys!

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

• That sounds like the inner knuckle... If you heat it up enough to bend it, you will trash the ball joint so if you are going to try it at least remove the outer knuckles and ball joints before you start.... but from the way you describe it, the axle sounds like scrap.... just take a trip to shorty and daves in conshocken.. they always have at least 10-15 cherokees in the yard to pick apart... they are usually $75.00 an axle sometimes more if they actually charge you for the brakes and other crap but they usually dont'

• i have a TJ dana 30 if you want that? will bolt right up, from an 04 with like no miles on it. currently 3.07s

• I'll be swapping out the gears. Works then. How much and when can I come get it?

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

• TJ and XJ gears are not interchangeable.....

they are for the low-pinion XJs (late 99-01). For reference, the older XJ years use YJ gears.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!