Hunting land

• Hey i know this will ruffle some feathers, but i am wondering if any body knows of some good deer hunting land around the smyrna clayton area. Or does anybody have some land they hunt and would not mind having a guest on there property.

• I have a farm in Port Penn that I'll occasionally deer hunt on. About 250 acres. We don't deer hunt much on their just for liability reasons. But, the state blinds 47-51 are next store and have some reputation for some good hunting. Out problem is we shoot to much down there as it is so deer don't really like to bed down there. If you're a waterfowl kinda guy then I could most def. help you out because we have 13 blinds on thousand acre marsh.

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

• yea i also hunt duck and goose. as for the state deer stands are those first come first serve or they done on a lottery basis each day.

• If you bow hunt you gotta register with the Port Penn office. It's first come first serve with that. For shotgun it's a lottery if there's an assload of people there and/or depends on when you register, it will also be first come first serve. Almost the same how opening season of duck is... or goose... I may have confused something but that's basically how it works.

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

• so really then there is no use scouting the area. well then now i just need to get to the range and get the shot gun and bow sighted in.

• We used to own a 300 acre hunting farm in Cedar Swamp, which the state bought from us many years ago. I know you probably want something more guaranteed than a lottery but when we hunted that area, I never spent more than an hour in the stand before I saw one. They are thick as :censored: out there. Plus we were in the Bombay Hook flyway so ducks and geese were always abundant as well.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!