need some info

• i pretty much replacing my drivetrain with chevy/gm, and i'm weighing a few options. Does a 400 transmission bolt up with a chevy 5.7 liter, and are they reliable transmissions, other than the fact that they are auto. Or if anyone knows of the stock t/c's that go with the 400 tranny could you let me know what they are. And if those t/c's are any good and will mount up to a 700R w/o too much work, not that i'm real lazy but i'm kind of on a time frame...but I am kind of lazy.

• going to be swapping a gm 350 in the winter but no auto for me but do a turbo 350 or 700r4 with a np205 t/c best combo ever IMHO for gm v8 and auto set up and can find them in any junkyard

• a th400 is a good trans.
    i have a d300 behind my 700r4. had to buy a new input for the 300 and i took a 208 adapter that comes on some trannys and jsut re-drilled it to fit the 300. its not hard to do at all.
    i cant imagine it being any diffrent for a th400

• that 400 trans is one of the best trans to get , they are stock in older vetts and are in most of your older chev vans and pickups and are a very HD transmission I would not goto anything else if i could find one ans was doing a conversion and it will outlast anything out there , my opinion

• the 400 I have was rebuilt at 90,000 and has 150,000 on it now, so at 60,000, you still think it'll outlast the700r without any miles (post-rebuild) that is sitting next to it?

• honestly though a turbo 350 will hold up to a 400 everyone i have talked to has said it and IMHO i believe the same also a t350 will trun easier then a t400

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!