so, the jeep's gone...

• and i just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here who has helped me with everything along the way.
    i'll probably be counting the days till i get another one (4 door jk, maybe?)
    for now i needed something i can drive long distance on a daily basis in case i take a position in south jersey.

anyway,
    thank you

steve

Audi A4 2.0t quattro<br />gone: 2000 4 banger<br />(w/ no AC lol) BB and 6cyl springs 31x10.5 Dunlop Mud Terrains Lights and toys:-)&nbsp; <br />gone: 91 yj blood, sweat, and rebuilds&nbsp; Will accept all donations of beer, parts, and money.

• yeah, actually a guy that works for the town of middletown bought it:-) so at least it's local!
    although seeing it may make me a bit sad.
    i am actually picking up my audi tt today :up:
    225hp quattro 6spd :driving:
    should be a lotta fun

Audi A4 2.0t quattro<br />gone: 2000 4 banger<br />(w/ no AC lol) BB and 6cyl springs 31x10.5 Dunlop Mud Terrains Lights and toys:-)&nbsp; <br />gone: 91 yj blood, sweat, and rebuilds&nbsp; Will accept all donations of beer, parts, and money.

• its hard to see your old jeep still running around.......i know..i miss mellowyellow

but a TT will keep your mind off of it...unless your jeep runs you over. i know my FJ cruiser is treating me well...and most FJ drivers wave like jeep guys do :)

• Nice jeep surfpunk, the guy who bought it is happy with it so far. I was wondering if he bought it from someone on here. Our little collection of Jeeps is growing here at the Town of Middletown! Too bad mine is still the smallest. :idiot:

• Hopefully you sold to someone far-far away. I know I didnt and it killlllss me seeing it all the time. A chick bought mine that lives about 5 miles from me and I see my old Jeep all the freakin time! At wawa almost every morning. Geez! :cuss: I'm even contemplating switching to Royal Farms Coffee.. lol (and thats bad)

• nah, he's right here in town. but i have yet to see it around. i just needed something i could make a long commute in if i take a position with another company. i really didn't wanna sell it, but i think the guy who bought it will love it as much as i did.

• Have fun with the TT. What year is it? I had a 2001 225hp which I traded in for the Jeep. Just make sure you keep an eye out for the timing belt, they tend to go pretty early. I think they say replace it every 80-90,000 miles but it's wise to do it between 50-60,000 miles. And when you replace it, it's a good idea to replace the water pump, thermostat too.

• Have fun with the TT. What year is it? I had a 2001 225hp which I traded in for the Jeep. Just make sure you keep an eye out for the timing belt, they tend to go pretty early. I think they say replace it every 80-90,000 miles but it's wise to do it between 50-60,000 miles. And when you replace it, it's a good idea to replace the water pump, thermostat too.

done and done. :roll:
    its an 01 225 as well. i replaced the timing belt, etc, the day after i bought it.
    bought it from the original owner who had ALL the records.
    its niiiiice lol

• crappy one i took with my phone in bad light lol. i'll get a better one when i get a chance

Edited once, last by SurfPunk ().

• okay, that may be a bit big. if so i'll gladly email it to one of ya to get resized. i am viewing it on my tiny linux-based laptop, so it may be fine.

• Oh, forgot to tell you. If you want to tune it at all, all you need is a new chip. here's a few links for you...

http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/ecu_upgrade_tt.html

http://www.revotechnik.com/pro…wareProduct.aspx?pvID=350

http://www.giacusa.com/programs.php?mpid=38

I've had APR on both of my VW's and loved it. What is nice is if you just go to a show, or even watch for specials running, you can have the stock set up and the upgrade setup so you can have the power when you want it.

• where did you get the chipping done for apr?

• new german proformance in md is the closest that does ecu upgrades. I hade a revo ecu upgrade in my gti which i liked i got mine dont in philadelphia

• NGP is a good place. When I lived in Baltimore that's where I got my updates done. When I did a search on APR's website, it looks like Garnet VW in West Chester also does the chipping.

• the dont do ecu upgrades in chads ford they just sell parts like the cat back and such unless they changed. I got my gti there

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!